Chapter 23: Foreshadow.

Asami's POV

I had to face my parents after... I can't even bring myself to say it. How does one even begin to explain such a situation.

A part of me wished I didn't have to. But, I had to. I had to look them in the eyes, maybe see some remorse?

A small part of me hoped they were salvageable, a bigger part said fuck them parents!

Mako and Jinora decided not to go because well, they felt they would just shoot them on the spot. However, they didn't say this to my face, with them being my parents and all. But I genuinely don't care. They took the love of my heart away from me, I just want justice for my heart.

The press was outside, the amount of people that came in support of Korra getting justice were overwhelming. Most wanted to see them hung and burnt. And honestly I can relate.

Judge Tenzin looked disgusted at the sight of my parents which were now in chairs in front of him. Hiroshi seemed like he'd had a rough time in Prison, mother's graceful appearance was nowhere to be seen and she seemed shook and roughed up.

He even said that he wished it were up to him as he would give them the death penalty but, it was illegal and everyone deserved a trial no matter how cruel they were. If it were up to him he would throw them in the darkest cell where they would never see the light of day again and have the key thrown away without any trial as the whole was witness to the atrocities they committed.

It seemed out of character for him but he later composed himself and continued with the proceedings.

Over the next weeks the state presented evidence and witnesses. It seemed the lawyer my parents had wasn't even trying when it came to cross examination.

People like Ozai and Azula testified. With Azula vouching for Korra against allegations of terrorism when the defence cross examined her. Going as far as saying that Korra supported her when she first came out. Which was surprising to say the least. Ozai going as far as giving evidence that my father once kidnapped his child, Zuko which if my memory serves me well...

They kidnapped me, the child of the Satos. Not the other way around, but Ozai had actual proof so, perhaps they did do it? I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

That wasn't even the only evidence brought forward. It turns out I never even knew my parents. Apparently Future Industries was a front for their illegal drug, human and weapon trafficking dealings. Which explained all the security we had. I never understood why people that built cars and tech needed that much protection.

The evidence has been mounting and it's overwhelming even for me. Finding out I never even knew my own parents. And they are terroristic criminals is a lot to take in.

Today I decided to go into Avatar Incorporated Tech, a name Korra decided on after the merge with Future Industries. Amara decided that she wanted the COO position, and I had to take on the role of the CEO. She wanted to spend more time with Koreen and honestly I get it she had almost 5 years of catching up to do with him.

Work helps me forget everything. I thought being in her office would trigger me or something but, it just brought me more comfort, feeling her energy all around me. That one picture she had of me on her table brought me some happiness remembering that I didn't even want to take the picture but she said it was her favourite. The picture of Luna laying on top of Naga while they slept on top of her book shelf.

A picture of her and Amara as kids, even a hidden one of Koreen in her work desk drawer. Knowing her and how she liked things I didn't move a thing nor did I wish to. I just put this one picture of me, her Naga and Luna on the picnic she took me once.