Chapter 28: Happy ending?

What Hiroshi said was stuck in Asami's head so much she went back to the video Korra left for her.

She listened, intently until she came to the part, where she spoke of a phoenix rising from the ashes and then pausing. No other being rises from the ashes except the fact that she spoke of GHOST in the first family video.

Only a ghost can always be around even though they cannot be seen. She spent all night looking through all the videos she left, looking through them for a sign. One sign that she may be alive.

She decided to call Mako, only he could contact said GHOST.

"Asami what's up? It's 3AM." Mako said groggily.

"I need to speak to GHOST. NOW." Asami said. She heard shuffling on Mako's side.

"Why do you need GHOST? Did something happen?" Mako asked in panic mode getting up from his bed.

"No. I just want to speak to them. Only they can answer. Unless you also knew about the fact that my girlfriend may have faked her own death and were in this with her the entire time?" Asami was losing all the patience she had left and the lack of sleep wasn't helping too.

"What? What do you mean? You know what, I'm coming over. Me and The Squad will be there in an hour hang tight okay?" Mako said hanging up on Asami.

She threw the phone on the floor in frustration and focused on gathering evidence to prove her claim to the Squad.

***

"Remind me again why I'm not in my Fiance's warm arms in bed right now?" Jinora asked yawning.

"Yeah, I need my beauty sleep!" Wu complained. "I told you that you could stay back home bubbs. You decided to come here." Mako retaliated. "And miss all the tea? I think NOT." Wu, scoffed. Crossing his arms.

"Jnr's still asleep right babe?" Bolin asked Opal who checked the baby monitor camera in their child's bedroom. "Fast asleep, relax Bo." She kissed the tip of his nose.

They were still squabbling when Asami came in.

"I THINK KORRA'S ALIVE!" She blurted out, making everyone freeze in place. Wu was the first one to burst out laughing then everyone joined in.

"You... woke us up... because... you think..." Kai said, but he didn't finish his sentence as they all saw she was being serious.

"Wait, you're not kidding?" Jinora asked.

"Yeah, see. She spoke of always being there like a GHOST right? And who is still active GHOST. You contact them right Mako?" Asami asked Mako.

"Of course they would be active. Korra was working for them." Mako replied.

"No, think about it. How long have you known Korra? How long has GHOST been active? And Opal, can you explain why there are supplies that go to that island that Korra bought for me? Since as far as I know no one stays there. And this account that keeps depositing money into my account every month." Asami showed them her proof in the form of bank statements.

"Wait, that's not Mako's account? I thought it was just a bonus." Kai exclaimed. "No. I thought it was payment from one of the Cartels or something." Mako answered.

"So, we've all been receiving money from this account. Which is untraceable by the looks of it. That still doesn't explain why you think Korra's alive. We saw her body Asami." Opal replied looking up empathetically at Asami.

"I know, but I'm going to find out. Korra bought that island for me. I know where it is. I'll go. I'll get the proof you so badly want." Asami said frustrated they didn't believe her. She was afraid that if she mentioned her father then, they would find even more reasons not to believe her.