Chapter 15: The calm before the storm

Amara's POV.

I lost my sister a decade ago, 9 years to be exact. Dad found out she was dating Kuvira and that's when things went downhill. The screwed up thing is that the distance between dad and Korra didn't just ruin their father daughter relationship, it tore our whole family apart.

It had always been dad and her; and me and mom, that's how it was mostly and our family had balance. When dad decided to be a homophobic prick it broke even him because I saw that when she left he would look at her pictures and try to keep tabs on her.

Not that he could anyway. Korra was all over the world, all over the news. You'd hear that she's doing her Masters in Astronomy in Sydney, Australia then within a few weeks you'd hear that she went to study Anthropology and Archeology in South Africa next, only for her to be Spirits knows where next in the world the following weeks.

I then had to take on the role of being number one kid which was awful, I don't know how Korra managed but, I guess it was effortless for her being a genius and all. Sis was living her best life while I put up with dad.

You should have seen his face when I told him I was Bi. It was like I dropped a 20 ton anvil on his head. He tried the same thing he did with Korra only mom wasn't about to lose another kid to her husband's foolishness.

She gave him an earful and that same weekend we had a meeting. That was almost two years after Kor's departure.

Two whole years wasted. He apologised for what he did but to me it was a little too late especially when my sister was out there without family because of him. We looked for a little over 3 months trying to locate her or try to guess her next location.

When we finally did what we encountered wasn't the sister I knew. She was closed off, cold and monotonous. She seemed to derive the oddest pleasure from seeing people suffer and that's one of the many reasons why that b*** Kuvira wasn't and still isn't good for her.

It took some convincing to get her to come back. They made up and we were good for a while. Korra started to open up. She was also the first one to see mom was pregnant even before she did.

She'd always wanted to be a big sister since I beat her to that. So, when she found out she was over the moon. It was a time for our family to heal...

That was until that one day some bastard decided to take our parents from us and to make matters worse Korra was the one who discovered them and tried to save them. No kid should ever go through something like that.

She concluded it had something to do with Dad's businesses so, she threw herself in work and making dad proud by building his empire from one store to a worldwide franchise. With factories in 3 continents and multitudes of stores all over the globe. All that to show the killers that they could never kill the Waterson's spirit.

She soon became the youngest self-made billionaire in less than a year. Giving me a job, putting my engineering qualifications to work. Not to mention being the most eligible bachelorette. But, that came with her being a playgirl. Never being with or being seen with one girl more than once except for Kuvira of course they were on and off for so long they made my head hurt.

Now, they were so toxic that even when Kuvira burnt Korra's New Bugatti Chiron for being seen with some model, she took her out on a shopping spree the next weekend. And that's not even half of the toxicity between them.

I had given up hope that I'd get my sister back. Get to see that lop-sided grin again until, she met Asami. That girl changed my sister's entire personality.

I mean I get that she was seen as mean and cold which made her 'edgy' to all the girls and made people fear her. She was the opposite with me she gave me anything I wanted, she gave me respect. Anything I wanted I got. Don't get me wrong that's good but just a hug and a smile can go way further than a brand new item or money. Asami brought that Smile back.

I never thought I would see that cold look in her eyes again, but right now her eyes aren't a calm blue lake, they're a raging ocean, untamed and I fear I may lose her again.

She'd been lifting weights for the past 4 hours. Sweat covered every part of her body, her sports bra was drenched so much you could see it was sticky at that point. Her legs glistened with sweat like she'd been poured over by a 50 litres bucket of water and left to dry by air.

I got in and stopped the music. If looks could kill I would be 12 feet underground right there and then.

"Sit." I say pointing to the bench and getting her a bottle of water. She let go of the weights with a huff and they fell with a thud!

She took a towel and wiped herself off before sitting. She took the water and gulped it down in one go.

"What *pant* do you *pant* want?" She asked through ragged breaths and pants.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong? Weightlifting like this isn't healthy you know. You might break something." She chuckled, "What's so funny Korra?" I asked sternly.

"Well, I don't know..." She paused to take a breath.

"...maybe cause I found out who killed our parents and my own girlfriend is related to the murderers *pant* not only that..." she chuckled, "...she's taking their side over the truth. Right after I showed her our childhood home and told her about mom and Tonraq's death.

"What? I'm sure that's just another one of your misunderstandings". I tried comforting her placing my hand on her shoulder.

She shrugged it off and shot up shouting, "YOU DON'T GET IT! ASAMI'S PARENTS KILLED OUR PARENTS AND LILTTLE BROTHER! I SAW IT! AND SHE SAW IT TOO! INSTEAD OF COMING TO ME LIKE A DECENT HUMAN BEING AND SAYING, 'oh, by the way babe, I think I recognise the voices in the murder video of your parents because I THINK THEY'RE MY FREAKIN' PARENTS!'" She stopped to take a breath before running her hands through her sweaty hair and pacing again.

I was dumbfounded to say the least.

"What is this some kind of movie? Where I fall in love with the forbidden maiden from a rival family who killed my parents and we mend fences for next generations sake. Well, not this dame. They will pay and if Asami wants to stay protecting them... It's a pity." Korra said, that cold monotonous and far away look on her face back again.

I got up and shook her shoulders, "Well, if that's what happened or needs to happen then why not? I won't lose you too Korra. Not again. I spent 4 years without you, TWO of those you were somewhere in the world doing Spirits know what!" I don't believe I am saying this but, it has to be said.

Korra looked at me with hurt in her eyes but, I stood my ground, "Amara they're you're parents too! Do you really want their murderers to walk free knowing they don't even regret what they did?"

"If you have the evidence then why not submit it in court huh? That way I won't lose you to some revenge vendetta, which I know you won't fulfil the lawful way. You can't kill them Korra, you'll end up being just like them You'll rob Asami of her parents like we were. Please let the law take it's course." I was crying at this point.

Korra's face softened my tears are something she never wanted to see, "Alright, I'll let the law take it's course when I have enough evidence. Now that I know their identities. I promise you I won't kill them. Physically anyway. 'Mara don't talk me out of this because all I have now is circumstantial evidence and confirmation from my own app and software which can easily be dismissed as Forged." That wasn't the answer I wanted but, at least she won't be killing anyone.

Well, there goes my happy Korra. I hug her even though she is sweaty as an athlete after a full marathon but who knows this may be my last hug from her.

***

Korra's POV

I promised 'Mara that I won't kill them but what she doesn't know is I have something worse than death planned for them.

A/N: uhm... so, 🥺👉👈this is just to tell y'all to buckle tf up for the roller coaster ride that is the next chapters.

Thank you sm for 2K reads, 😫I can't believe it's been a whole month since I first published on my birthday 😭 I appreciate y'all.

Thanks for reading😤