Chapter 25 - The Vocalist

Niall and I were sitting on the couch in our suite that I share with the rest of the girls in our hotel, we were still on the boys Up All Night tour and the others were all out doing something. I was curled up into his side, our hands were intertwined and his other arm was around my shoulder, hugging me close to his side. His thumb was consistently rubbing the back of my hand soothingly, I was feeding him popcorn when he asked for it as we were watching Pride and Prejudice, the good one that is in long episodes, not the movie version. I smiled before leaning my head onto his shoulder, he kissed my temple, I could feel his smile on my skin, that just made me smile more., I lifted my head up so I was looking at him.
"Are you sure you're okay with us not going public Niall?" I asked "Because we can if you want."
He looked down at me, adoration in his eyes, he pulled me closer and I snuggled up to him.
"Nah I want you to be comfortable." He replied "Besides, I like having you all to myself."

He's lying, he just doesn't want people to think he's fake dating some fat ugly slut like you

I smiled, ignoring the thought that fades when I'm with Niall, and leaned in to kiss him when the door opened and I pulled away, instead choosing to put my head back on his shoulder and focus on the movie. Niall pouted, sad that he missed out on a kiss but he recovered quickly, instead he just held me tight, making me feel secure right here in his arms. Suddenly Louis felt the need to announce his arrival to the world.
"HONEYS I'M HOMEE!"
I rolled my eyes fondly at one of my best friends, over the past few months I'd gotten closer with the proclaimed Sass Masta from Doncasta, besides he is really good at distracting me from everything else that goes on inside my head. Instead of replying to him I simply snuggled closer to Niall, since no one gave a response Louis sprinted inside before jumping and landing right next to me on the couch. I didn't react and then Ambria walked in, fond annoyance all over her face, she slapped Louis on the leg.
"They were having a moment you idiot." She said "Leave them be."
Louis pouted and that made me laugh a little, I exchanged a glance with Niall before turning off the movie, Niall knew what I was doing but the other two were quite confused, Ambria was a bit angry at Louis. I smiled at them before heading off to the kitchen, I really wanted to cook something for dinner so why not now? Ambira smiled, knowing what I was doing, I think Niall did as well because he left and then came back with his guitar. Ambira smiled at me before grabbing Louis' hand and taking him out of the room and no doubt across the hall to the boy's suite, Paul wouldn't let us share. Niall sat at one of the kitchen bench stools as I pulled out all of the ingredients to make spaghetti because that was what I felt like making, everyone else will deal with it. While I cooked Niall strummed some chords on his guitar, I recognised the song almost immediately as Can't help falling in love by Elvis so naturally I started singing because I knew all of the words.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Near the end of the song, I didn't notice but the others had all entered the room and Niall had stopped playing his guitar. Someone dropped something in their shock, Zayn was leaning casually against the dining table, everyone else was in shock. I suddenly got really self conscious and felt the need to hide, Zayn shot me an encouraging smile and came around the other side of the bench with me for moral support. I smiled nervously at everyone before the smile faded as none of them gave any reaction.
"You sound absolutely..." Tara said, I braced myself "Amazing."
"YOU HAVE TO SING WITH US ON STAGE!" Louis screamed
I shook my head instantly and they all pouted sadly, I sighed before coming to a conclusion.
"I'll sing the backups." I announced "But I sing them offstage."
They all smiled, good because that was as good as they'll get, I sighed before getting back to cooking.