Chapter 15 - The Bass

Louis had returned from competing in XFactor with him and the rest of One Direction placing third, quite an achievement if you ask me. Now, according to him, it was time for me to 'meet the boys', at first I thought he was joking but I'm sitting in a car with him right now so apparently he wasn't. Louis and I arrived at the park at the same time as another girl and boy, who I knew was Liam, Louis gave me brief descriptions of the boys and of course I watched the competition, but the girl he was with I had no idea. Louis and Liam greeted each other and we all walked towards the group of six people, three boys and three girls. I was confused, I honestly thought I was just meeting the rest of One Direction and I am one hundred percent sure that the members are all male. I shrugged it off and started talking to Liam's sister Tara and Niall's sister Illene, they were both younger than Niall and Liam like me. All of a sudden Zayn accidentally bumped into Tara so they started talking and then I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Harry, my face lit up in a smile.
"Hey Mikayla, I'm Harry, nice to finally meet you in person."
I stuck out my hand which he grabbed, kissing the back of it which made me laugh.
"It's nice to meet you too Harry."
We fell into an easy conversation between us, discussing our home life and how annoying Louis could get, all in friendly banter of course. I laughed loudly at the joke he told. All of a sudden one of the two girls that arrived with Zayn, the one that looked like Harry raced over here from where she was standing with Louis. Once she arrived she jumped onto his back.
"HARRY HELP!"
Harry fell to the ground with a groan and the girl stood there, hands on her hips and a disapproving look on her face looking down at him.
"You useless piece of shit."
He moaned in pain while she stood there with her hands on her hips, the girl with black hair walked over and helped him to his feet, tapping underneath his chin twice with a smile.
"Chin up Harry darling."
The two girls resumed their previous positions and I missed what happened next because Harry and I returned to our conversation and watched the encounter between Liam and Tara. We then watched as Liam had an extremely awkward conversation with Illene, the only word spoken being 'hi', Harry and I observed while that took place, laughing quietly to ourselves. However Tara was the complete opposite of us, making her amusement clear to everyone in the park by laughing loudly at her older brother. Suddenly the two girls and Zayn started laughing while Louis and Niall stood there very confused. The brown haired girl said something and Zayn and the other girl nodded, the black haired girl then decided to hide behind Zayn because Niall was staring at her, something tells me that she is obviously not okay about meeting everyone today. Zayn must have convinced her to stop hiding because she stepped out from behind him and lifted her head with a small but nervous smile.
"Hi." She said simply "I'm Rebecca Malik, Zayn's twin sister, but I usually just get called Becca."
Illene, Tara, Liam and I all walked over and she almost ducked back behind her brother but he gave her a look that told her not to. The girl next to her smiled at us all and put up a hand in greeting.
"Hi I'm Ambria Styles." She said "Harry's twin sister."
Illene stepped forward and introduced herself, Tara decided to follow suit.
"Hi I'm Tara Payne." I said holding up a hand "I'm Liam's younger sister."
I decided of course to introduce myself as well, kind of the point considering that's why we're all here.
"I'm Mikayla Tomlinson." I said, giving them all a wave, "I'm Louis' younger sister."
All while this was happening both Becca and Niall kept quiet while the rest of us were talking. Suddenly and randomly Niall started talking.
"Can I call you Bec?"
She stopped moving completely and I would dare say she stopped breathing in general, in a second her eyes glistened with tears and she turned before sprinting away. Zayn instantly looked up, shooting all of us an apologetic look before sprinting after her. We all watched in shock while Ambria watched closely, then she looked back at us. What on earth is happening?
"Hang on a sec."
She turned on her heel before running back towards where the other two disappeared to, meeting Zayn in the middle. They had a brief conversation before she nodded and turned back on her heel and raced back over to us. We all looked at her, asking the question that no one dared voice, she smiled at us before answering.
"She's fine." She replied "She just needs a minute to calm down."
We all nodded and moved the conversation to something entirely, Ambria was watching for any signs of Becca and Zayn while Illene was watching Niall closely. We all moved into a conversation about what One Direction was going to do next when we heard footsteps, we all looked over in that direction, Zayn and Becca were walking back over to us. She had her head had her head in his shoulder, her hair covering her face, while Zayn was rubbing circles in her shoulder calmingly while whispering to her in hushed tones. When they arrived Ambria gave Becca a small hug which she returned, they parted and both Zayn and Becca joined our conversation.
"Are you going to release any music?" I asked
The boys all shrugged and us girls all laughed lightly at them, oh they are so clueless, they didn't even win XFactor yet they have millions of fans. They did come third though, and in my opinion I believe they should have come first, but obviously my opinion means nothing to the general public. Even though the fan base is pretty strong they can be pretty fickle yet they have remained devoted in the couple weeks since the end of XFactor so I think it will stick around for a while longer. We moved onto different topics before we all decided to call it a day and head home. Tara went round and gave us all hugs which surprised most of us but we all rolled with it, she held Becca the longest, almost showing her that she can talk to her if need be. Once everyone said goodbye Louis and I walked back towards where we parked the car, I climbed into the passenger seat once he unlocked the doors, waiting for him to drive off. He sat himself down in the driver's seat, turning on the engine before driving off towards home, which was quite a drive but hey road trips are fun! On the way home we were debating whether we should watch a comedy movie or another comedy festival.
"Yeah well we watched a festival last time." I argued, "So we should watch a movie."
And that was when I knew I had won him over, that slight hesitation that happened, the calculating look in his eyes as he weighed up the pros and cons. I smiled at him as he nodded, I celebrated before thinking about what movie we should watch.
"We have to watch Grown Ups!" I added
"Okay that is a good movie." He replied "You win."
I smirked, please with myself, in response Louis just laughed at me, which obviously just made me laugh. He didn't know but I definitely saw him try to pull something on Ambria and I am definitely going to make him know that I am aware of it. We arrived home and parked the car in the driveway, we walked inside, Fizzy, Lottie, Daisy, and Phoebe came up to us. I smiled and gave them all a hug, I made some popcorn while I told them all about our adventures at the park. We all sat down on the couch, putting on Grown Ups and we all laughed as a big, happy family.

AN

So next we move into the date chapters next and Mikayla is up first because it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

Have a great day or night whatever it is for you.

Keep reading and I'll see you in the next chapter

Belle