Chapter 22 - The Drummer

Harry and Mikayla went public and everyone else has just been enjoying our time with our now boyfriends, we all want to go on a group date but we'll wait till everyone else has gone public before we do that. Zayn and I had been discussing it but not entirely sure when the right time is, currently we were sitting in the lounge room by ourselves watching a movie, we were watching Friends with Benefits and I have no idea why. I was getting completely invested in the movie, and as usual Zayn was more interested in me than actually watching the movie. It was starting to become a thing, whenever we watch a movie, I watch the movie while he watches me. We were sitting on the couch and I was leaning on his chest, while he had an arm wrapped around me, Becca had made popcorn for us so we were eating that as well. Suddenly my phone, that was sitting next to me on the couch, vibrated with an Instagram notification, curious I picked it up, reading it quickly, Zayn tagged you in a post. I looked at him briefly before clicking it, unlocking my phone and looking at the post. It was a photo of me watching the movie, you could just see his hand around me, the caption read, Movie night with the bae <3, love you @TPayno. I smiled and liked it before commenting on the post, Haha Love you too @ZaynMalik <3, already the post had gotten over a hundred likes. I put my phone down and paid attention to the movie, I leaned against Zayn even more, tilting my head up so I was looking into his chocolate brown eyes, a soft smile on my face.
"You realise people are going to see that." I whispered "The paparazzi are going to see that."
He nodded and kissed me sweetly on the lips, before he leaned his forehead against mine.
"Yeah I know." He replied "And I want the whole world to know your mine."
I smiled before watching the movie, staying wrapped up in Zayn's arms, and suddenly both our phones started blowing up with notifications from Instagram, Snapchat and just normal messaging. We both smiled, I predicted this would happen, I clicked on the messages from my group chat with Drake, Jason and Ariana in it.
Ari - WHAT THE HELL TARA PAYNE!
Drake - GET YOUR ARSE INTO OUR CONVERSATION!
Jason - BITCH YOU DIDN'T TELL US!
I smiled and showed Zayn the messages, instantly Zayn grabbed my phone from me and typed something before sending it to our group chat. I gave him a look as he returned my phone, I looked at the message he sent.
Tara - This is Tara's boyfriend Zayn here and I do not like you calling my girlfriend names, whether she accepts it or not. Her keeping us a secret was her choice and the reason for that was not to attract unwanted attention from the media. So if you just asked nicely maybe you would get answers :)
I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before typing a quick message apologising to them for Zayn's protectiveness, it was evident in his behaviour with Becca that he is naturally protective over people he cares about. Although he is more protective over her then anyone else, but then I would be too, considering that he's known her longer and knows more about her, there is probably a good reason for it as well. We finished our movie before reluctantly standing up and walking towards the kitchen where Becca was doing dishes while Niall sat at the bench, strumming his guitar. I put the empty popcorn bowl on the side where Becca was washing and picked up a tea towel before drying some of the ones she'd already washed, she smiled at me gratefully. Zayn instantly started packing away once I finished drying, Niall watched and continued strumming his guitar. We finished quickly before going back to the living room where everyone else was gathered, Ambria and Illene beckoned me over before showing me an article done by the press. As I suspected it was an article about mine and Zayn's relationship, I shrugged it off because I knew it would happen, and what could really go wrong?

AN

Another update, sorry it's taken so long but I've been busy starting a new project so that's exciting!!! I'm gonna have to make a bit more time to write this book otherwise Imma run out of chapters.

Keep reading and I'll see you in the next chapter

Belle