Chapter 11 - The Vocalist

Ambria and I had gotten closer each and every day, right now we were at the pool because I had a shift, I had gotten permission for her to tag along. Thankfully my boss agreed as long as she didn't distract me from watching the water. I work as a lifeguard at the local Bradford pool, it's usually not very hard but you never know when something could happen. Currently there were two families, both who had about seven year old kids and the mothers were out of the pool talking between themselves.
"What are the plans for tonight?" Ambria asked
I turned to her briefly, keeping one eye on the water from my position sitting on the table.
"Well Ammy." I replied "I thought we'd go see the boys perform tonight."
She smiled and was about to reply when we both heard a scream followed by a splash, my eyes snapped to the water as I saw the seven year old girls fall into the deep end of the pool. In an instant I was on my feet, I ripped off my long sleeve shirt to reveal my one piece and shorts underneath. I blew my whistle three times and the other kid climbed out the water quickly and returned to her mother. I fast walked forward and dived in, swimming quickly out to the girl who was sinking quickly under the water. I took a deep breath before diving down and hooking my arm under both her armpits and kicking strongly up to the surface. I took another deep breath before towing the small girl to the side, the girl's mother was freaking out. I managed to pull her out of the pool and laid her on a towel that Ambria fetched for me.
"MY BABY!!" The mother screeched trying to reach her, "Oh my god!"
"Alright Ma'am she's okay, I've got her, she's going to be fine." I consoled the panicked woman "But I need you to back up and give me some room to work okay?"
She nodded and took a step back and I immediately rolled her into the recovery position and checked her airways, clear. I then checked her breathing, putting my ear close to the girl's chest, nothing, I checked her pulse and received the same response. I took a deep breath, you'll be fine Becca, you've been trained to do this.
Your going to stuff up, she'll die
I shook the voice away, this is no time to listen to it somebody could die if I get this wrong. I looked over to Ambria.
"Ambria I need you to call the ambulance, there's a phone in the room just there, and say we have an unconscious, non-breathing seven year old girl at the Bradford Community Pool." I ordered "Tell them that I am about to conduct CPR."
She nodded and raced off while I found the point on the chest that I needed and started doing compressions. I did the amount necessary before opening the girls mouth and doing a breath, listened and then repeated another one. I continued doing the compressions, then breathing and then repeating the entire process. After about thirty minutes of intense CPR she finally started breathing and opened her eyes, I breathed a sigh of relief and leaned back against my legs. I smiled at her as she tried to sit up, I immediately stopped her.
"Take it easy." I advised "You gave us all quite a scare."
"Oh Katie!" Her mother was back again "Are you okay sweetie?"
I gave the mother a look again and she backed right off again, I turned to the young girl whose name I now knew was Katie.
"Okay Katie, we're just going to take you to hospital to make sure everything is okay."
She nodded and the Ambulance arrived to take her away, I directed the mother into the back of the ambulance to accompany her. I breathed a sigh of relief, sitting back against the towel. I actually did it and the girl is fine.
Lucky shot, you can't actually do anything
I smiled at Ambria and we both resumed our normal positions, the other family left soon after and we were left alone in the pool.

***

"Ambria?" I called "Have you got the signs?"
She appeared with the two handmade signs that we both made in support of the boys. One of them had ONE DIRECTION in massive letters with hearts surrounding it, and the other one has WE LOVE ZAYN MALIK AND HARRY STYLES with a couple love hearts. I smiled and got our bags, making sure that we had some water and a snack each just to make sure. We had already eaten and were about to head off. I nodded and we both walked out to where my car was parked. I climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine, Ambria joined me in the passenger seat and we were off. I drove to the stadium and we found seats in about the third row, Zayn and Harry talked to Simon Cowell and made sure we got here. The seating darkened and the stage lit up, revealing the first act. The acts blurred together until five young boys entered the stage. The music started and they all started singing.

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never, never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world
It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh, who would ever want to be king?
I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Calvary choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Calvary choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

While they were singing Ambria and I waved our signs, when they finished I think it was safe to say that we were cheering louder than the entire audience put together.
"WE LOVE YOU ZAYN!"
"WE LOVE YOU HARRY!"
Zayn heard us first because he nudged Harry and pointed us out to him, then they both looked at us dead in the eyes and waved. I blew Zayn a kiss which he pretended to catch before blowing right back at me, I laughed at that. Ambria just looked at me strangely so I slapped her lightly on the shoulder, we laughed lightly before focusing on what the judges were going to decide. Simon smiled at them fondly before saying yes. In the end they ended up going through to the next round. Ambria and I jumped to our feet and cheered loudly, Harry and Zayn waved on last time before disappearing off stage.
That could have been you up there if you weren't so pathetic and could actually sing.
I frowned a little bit at the voice but shook it away, instead choosing to celebrate our brothers win with my best friend. The rest of the acts went through and I got a text from Zayn.
Zayn ❤️ - Meet us in the foyer, Hazza and I are waiting.
I sent him a thumbs up and dragged Ambria with me to the foyer, she protested until she saw Harry, she smiled and walked over and gave him a hug before punching him lightly on the shoulder. I smiled before running and throwing myself at Zayn, him being him he caught me perfectly before spinning me and putting me down. I laughed as he put me down.
"BECCA!" He yelled
"ZAYN!" I matched his enthusiasm
I laughed as he hugged me properly, Ambria and Harry watched curiously from the sidelines, he released me and we all fell into an easy conversation.
"Great job by the way." I said
"Yeah absolutely fantastic!" Ambria added
The boys smiled and then Simon came out of the studio, giving them a look that meant they had to leave now. I smiled sadly at Zayn before giving him one last hug before I turned and gave Harry a hug as well, that took him by surprise to say the least. I looked over to see that Ambria was giving Zayn a hug at the same time. I smiled before releasing Harry at the same time as Ambria released Zayn, immediately I raced over and gave him one last hug. Ambria and I went back to the car and I drove us both home, we sat down and decided to watch a movie before heading to bed. I snuggled down and drifted off to sleep.
"Goodnight Zayn." I whispered even though I knew he couldn't hear me

AN

Sorry it's been forever since I've updated but don't worry I'm back and updating!!

I hope everyone's going okay and I'm sorry about the long wait, it's been probably around two weeks or something since I've updated. Oops didn't mean for it to be that long.

As always

Keep reading and I'll see you in the next chapter

Belle