Blind Date Gone Wrong

---

Present time, evening
Lovely restaurant in Busan

"You've got to be kidding me." Those were the insulting little words thrown by the petite short girl with wavy brown hair and feline eyes. If Lisa would just set aside the degrading tone she couldn't avoid hearing, she would admit that the brunette in blue floral dress was the most beautiful girl she has ever seen in her life. Minus the attitude, of course. "You set me up with a girl, Jisoo."

Lisa continued to sit uncomfortably on her chair. She was trying her best to pretend she couldn't hear the conversation on her right. But the brunette wasn't even trying to minimize her voice. It was loud enough for Lisa to hear or maybe, Lisa just had superb hearing.

The restaurant was not crowded at the moment, with at least three or four tables occupied by couples. Lisa thought they seemed to be having the time of their lives while she was having her worst.

Lisa took another glance at the brunette, who's still arguing with her friend with brown hair and glasses. Lisa rolled her eyes. It was apparent that Jennie didn't want to be here.

"Jendeuk, I'm really sorry," Jisoo explained in a hushed tone. "I had no idea. Jungkook didn't mention Limario was a girl."

Limario? Lisa's nostrils flared as she took her phone out and sent a quick message to Rosé.

Lisa: What the hell, Rosie? You set me up with a straight girl!

When she didn't get a response, Lisa averted her gaze to the lovely old couple nearby and her mind wandered off to the thoughts of her parents. They would certainly look like that, all loved up and still on their thousandth date every Saturday night. If only they were still alive.

Lisa shrugged herself and drank a mouthful of soda as Jennie suddenly appeared and took a seat in front of her. Up close, she looked so breathtaking. There was something about her feline eyes and how the skin creases around them and the way her cheeks glowed when she smiled at her. Jennie had the loveliest smile, even if Lisa knew it was forced.

What she saw before her was a perfect image of a cheerleader/Prom Queen, probably in the royalty section in their school – straight as a ruler.

"I'm sorry about that," Jennie uttered, with a hint of nervousness from her voice. "There was some kind of a misunderstanding... My friends didn't-"

"It's okay, Miss Kim," Lisa butted in, giving her best smile back. She's used to this kind of confrontations in life. As a matter of fact, no matter how much she disliked it, being an experiment was what she is known towards straight girls. "You know we don't have to do this."

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed and forehead slightly wrinkled in confusion. It looked adorable to Lisa's eyes.

"You can call me Jennie, and no, no, you've come a long way, from Seoul... I... The least I could do is give you the best night-"

Lisa let out a loud laugh. A couple pair of heads turned to look at them. She licked her lips nervously.

"We don't have to pretend we like each other, Jennie," Lisa quickly said as she saw the waiter slowly making his way towards them. "I know you expected someone else to be here and I'm really sorry I did not meet such expectations-"

"Hey, it was not my fault Jungkook did not specify any detail that would help me, you know, figure this out, okay?.... Mm, it was all a rush, so sudden. I just graduated, and my friends thought it would be a good idea to do this blind date thing before heading off to college... And who would've thought that Limario could also be a girl's name..."

Lisa smirked as the waiter finally approached them. She could tell that Jennie was already rambling, trying to redeem herself, trying to hide the disgust the black-haired could clearly see from her face.

"May I take your orders, Madams?" The waiter politely asked. But Lisa graciously swatted him away by saying, "Just the bill please."

"But we haven't even ordered yet?" Jennie asked in a surprised tone.

Lisa sighed. "Okay, what's your order then?"

"Umm, whatever you're having, I guess," Jennie hesitantly replied.

"I'm not ordering anything," Lisa said, drinking another sip from her can of soda. Jennie was now glaring at her and Lisa had never seen such piercing hazel eyes stare right back at her.

"I'll give you both some time and come back later, as you pleased," the waiter hurriedly said, noticing the tension between Lisa and Jennie.

Lisa's phone suddenly chimed.

Rosie: Shit! I'm sorry, Lis! I thought Jungkook knew!

Then Lisa spoke without looking at Jennie, "It's Lisa actually, short for Lalisa. Only my close friends call me Limario, they gave me that stupid nickname. Must have slipped to mention I'm gay and all. Not that it would cause any discomfort on your part. Congratulations, by the way. Valedictorian, right?"

"Thanks." Jennie blushed for a moment then immediately shook her head. "But no, of course it's not a discomfort. It's just that I wasn't expecting for this-"

It was only then that Lisa finally had the courage to speak what she's been holding behind her tongue, "Jennie, it's not your fault you're being cautious. I mean, I get that you come from a town with close minded people who's not used to people like me existing and-"

"Hey," Jennie interjected, now slightly mad. "We're not like that. And... And we have gay people in Busan. And my bestfriend Jungkook is also gay. And we also celebrate pride month."

Lisa scoffed while rolling her eyes. "That doesn't mean you're not homophobic anymore-"

"What?!" Jennie exclaimed, her fingers clutching the side of the table. Lisa worried she'd flip the table anytime now, with her perfect muscular tanned arms.

"-because it's really an exclusive preference-" Lisa continued but was interrupted again by Jennie's clearly upset voice.

"What did you say about me?" The brunette hissed at her.

Lisa bit her lower lip as she reiterated, "That you're a homophobe?"

Something wet and cold hit Lisa straight into the face. "What the?" Lisa quickly wiped her face with the sleeves of her jacket. Then the sight of Jennie fuming with an empty glass in her hand came into view.

"I am not what you think I am, asshole!" Jennie exclaimed, all the people in the restaurant now had their attention. Then she hissed at a lower voice, "I am the nicest person in Busan! I got a sash!"

And with that, Jennie stormed off leaving Lisa still drenched in water, mad and confused. Frustration for the brunette was now at its brink but Lisa did her best to maintain a calm appearance amidst the embarrassment as she handed her payment to the waiter and left the place.