Chapter Twenty-six

---
The next day, late night
Chahee's apartment

It was almost midnight when Lisa came home the following day. She expected it would only take an hour and a half to study for their coming exams, but being with Rosé had made it harder. Her best friend just couldn't stop talking about the supposed date Lisa and Jennie had yesterday.

Thoughts about the brunette had never left Lisa's mind though. She figured out that the feelings were still there and mutual. Both of them thought love was letting go. That it was not easy to be brazen when the one you love didn't feel the same way back or share the same intentions. She knew she should wait for Jennie, as requested. She knew then that time would set them both free.

But life for the Thai was fickle and cruel. She just wished nothing bad would happen, but being Lisa, she already would expect the worst. Expecting the worst would lessen the pain if things really went bad.

Lisa was almost done brushing her teeth in the bathroom when she suddenly heard a scream outside. She quickly gurgled some water and spat it out unto the sink.

Lisa knew the noise came from Jennie's bedroom. She was about to lift her hand to knock when, all of a sudden, the door bursted open. Both of them startled upon seeing each other.

"Fudgenuggets!" Jennie shrieked, her hand clutching on her chest. The brunette was in her pajamas with small unicorn prints. "I thought you were already asleep."

Lisa swallowed a lump in her throat. She was always nervous in front of the beautiful Jennie. "I just got home. What's the matter? You were screaming-"

Jennie walked past Lisa, their shoulders lightly brushing. Then the brunette grabbed the broom from the kitchen and immediately went back into her bedroom. Lisa's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion.

Curiosity took over the black-haired as she waltzed inside. Lisa witnessed Jennie on a fighting stance with a broom in hand, looking like a beautiful Amazon warrior, in front of a huge black spider on the wall beside her Yo Yo Ma poster.

"That's frickin huge," Lisa said, her hands on both side of her hips.

"You think? You're lucky you haven't encountered anything like this at the Homestead," Jennie replied with a grunt as she galloped forward, fencing the broom like a sword. But the spider seemed to sense her action and crawled on the broom handle instead, making the brunette scream louder and let go of the weapon. Jennie made a run towards the thai, her arms wrapping around Lisa like a shield. Lisa's heart started to beat furiously.

"Lisa, where did it go?" It was evident from Jennie's voice that she was scared.

"Umm, probably under your bed-"

"Please, can you take a look?" Brown eyes met scared hazel ones. She looks so adorable, Lisa thought.

The thai asked with a smirk. "Are you scared?"

Jennie scoffed, letting go of Lisa. The thai suddenly felt sad upon the loss of contact. "It's a huge spider, Lis. It could be fatal-"

"You're just scared-"

"Shut up." Jennid crossed her arms across her chest as she waited behind Lisa.

The thai softly chuckled as she pulled out her own phone and turned the flashlight on. She kneeled on the floor beside the bed and shoved Jennie's comforter upward. Lisa shone the flashlight under Jennie's bed. But she saw nothing.

There were even no boxes. Lisa used to hide boxes under her bed to save some space. The thai searched further, thinking that it may had gone under the wooden frame of the bed but still no sign of any spider.