Chapter Thirty

----
Same day, Lunchtime
Cafeteria, University of Seoul

"So why do you look so giddy all of a sudden?" Rosé asked. "I've never seen you smile so wide before, I thought you look somewhat like Joker."

She sat in front of Lisa on their table. Their friends had not arrived yet for lunch.

"What?" Lisa nervously asked, glancing away from her phone. She tried to bite her lips from smiling but to no success.

Then Rosé's eyes widened as she leaned forward and whispered, "Oh my god, you two are having se-"

Her best friend stopped mid sentence when Jennie and Jisoo arrived beside them. Rosé's face suddenly fell when Jisoo decided to take off and goes to sit with her classmates across two tables.

Jennie placed a soft kiss on Lisa's cheek, making Lisa much redder than before. But she couldn't stop worrying about her best friend. She, too, deserved to be happy, Lisa thought.

-
The next day, early afternoon
School corridors, University of Seoul

Lisa was about to head towards Professor Sungri's classroom but then her eyes caught a familiar brunette along the corridors. Jennie wasn't alone. Kai was standing in front of her. And they seemed to be in a heated argument.

Lisa decided to avoid the pair and went inside her classroom, her mind running in circles about what she just saw. What are they talking about? Why do they look so upset?

Jennie loves me, Lisa thought. Or so she tried to settle on that. But doubts and insecurities still clouded Lisa's mind.

-
Same day, nighttime
Lisa's bedroom

Jennie was snuggled on Lisa's chest as they talked about the brunette's family. Jennie was holding before her an old family photo when she was only three years old.

"That's Chaerin," Jennie softly said as she pointed at the taller girl in the picture. "Still looks the same to be honest. But she had straightened her hair now. She always didn't like how wavy our hairs are. And she didn't like to look like me and Chahee..."

Lisa smiled. "You're beautiful with or without wavy hair, Jen. In fact, did you know it was the first thing I noticed when we had that awful blind date one time?"

The brunette softly chuckled as she placed the photo on the bedside table and gave a long wet kiss on Lisa's mouth. Then Jennie pulled away and rested her head against Lisa's chest.

Something was bothering with the both of them as they lay down in silence. Or at least it was just Lisa.

"What are you thinking?" Lisa asked the brunette. She could hear Jennie's light breathing.

The brunette slowly shook her head. "Just stuff."

"What stuff?" Lisa pursued on. Her fingers traced small circles on the brunette's arms, loving how her skin reacted so good against the brunette's.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jennie said. And it bothered Lisa so much.

"You know, you can talk to me about anything, right?"

The brunette then sighed as she muttered, "I talked with Kai today."

Lisa felt a bit relieved that the brunette was honest and not hiding anything from her. Then her fear suddenly turned to curiosity.

When the thai didn't reply, Jennie went on, "He saw us kissing and he cornered me and asked if something's going on between us..."

Lisa swallowed nervously. "And?"