Chapter Two

The next day, morning
Square Up Park

Just one more lap, Lisa said to herself. Just one foot in front of the other.

Lisa finally skidded to a stop as she felt her lungs were going to burst. The park was almost empty around 7am on a Saturday. She could see few people running their dogs, a few having their breakfast by the foodtruck, and one who's probably hungover from Friday night and was now being pulled by a police officer.

After regaining her composure and breathing, Lisa decided to head back to the apartment. It had been an intense evening last night. Lisa had not expected what happened.

The one straight girl Lisa had been pining on while trying to get over from was the landlady's sister. Wait, half-sister, Jennie clarified. Who would have thought that they were related. And now, Lisa worried she might have to find another place to live.

It was really up to the smaller brunette, to be honest. Not that Lisa wouldn't mind a challenge, but from the looks of a fuming Jennie last night, she could tell she was not thrilled on the circumstances either.

After the sisters had conversed and Jennie had calmed down last night, Chahee visited her in her bedroom and gave her the my-sister-is-out-of-bounds talk. And the look on Chahee's face sported seriousness she hadn't seen before. And then Lisa admitted that she didn't even like Chahee. Partly true.

"What? Silly," Chahee answered. "She's the nicest person in our town. She's liked by everyone."

Lisa sighed. "That's also what she said after she threw water on my face."

"Huh." Chahee huffed then pursed her lips. "That's new. I can't believe my sister can do that. She must really hate you."

-

Same day, morning
Chahee's apartment

As Lisa arrived at the apartment after the morning run, she immediately saw Jennie stretching on a mat in the living room. Yoga.

Weird relaxing music was playing in the corner but what Lisa first noticed was Jennie's slender figure.

The curves of her body were accentuated by the tight leggings she was wearing. And the cropped tank top revealed a portion of her abs. Lisa immediately looked away as she quickly walked towards the bathroom. She had no idea Jennie looked even more perfect underneath those quirky short dresses she always wore.

Lisa quickly took a bath and shrugged the thoughts of Jennie out of her mind. Then she looked around the bathroom. Almost two thirds of the space were already occupied by Jennie's hair and bath products. And what's worse was that they smelled so great, Lisa couldn't help but sniff around.

So, she really has decided to stay after all, Lisa thought as hot streams of water hit the back of her head.

Lisa had no idea what to do next. She had not yet confided the situation to her friends. But she was sure she'd be getting laughed at. Fate was indeed cruel to Lisa.

Minutes later, Lisa wrapped herself in towel and tiptoed back to her bedroom. Jennie had already finished her morning yoga and was now relaxing by the window. Their gaze met and Lisa swore she saw Jennie's cheeks were flushed red but she could just be imagining things.

"Good morning, my fellow citizens!" Chahee announced as she came outside the bedroom. "Today is a beautiful day! The start of something new! Peace and love, and-"

Chahee looked at Lisa who was still in her towel. "Well, Hotstuff, you've been hiding your Hotness all this time!"

And before Chahee could walked towards her, Lisa sprinted to her bedroom and locked the door.