Chapter Twenty-seven

Same day, late afternoon
Blink Arcade, YG Mall

The thai had her earphones on as she mopped the floor of Blink Arcade's break room. She was singing along the tunes of British Bombs by Declan McKenna under her breath as she swayed her hips and shoulders in accordance with the song.

Lisa was really in love. She's in love with Jennie and there's no denying that. Her face couldn't hide that anymore. Lisa thought she'd never have too much dopamine inside of her. Boy, she was wrong.

The thai couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. She had never missed anyone like this even when they've just been together hours ago.

Lisa had no idea how to last a week without Jennie. Both of them didn't have any social media accounts that they could messaged each other through or even just their email addresses. It was going to be a week full of misery and longing for the brunette. Just as when the thai's happiness filled to its brim, a shred of fear started to leak in. Lisa quickly shrugged the thought away.

The break room must have been sparkling clean already. Lisa smiled on what she had accomplished then she suddenly noticed she wasn't alone. A smirking Rosé was leaning by the door, her eyes eyeing her suspiciously.

"Well, at least someone's so happy," Rosé said.

-
Next day, nighttime
Island bar

Lisa had never been to the famed bar near the university for two years now. It was usually filled with a lot of students going about their weekend parties. The thai finally succumbed to Rosé's persistence to enjoy the night, knowing she'd probably spend her nights only missing a certain brunette.

Jisoo was seated beside Rosé and she was glaring at Lisa like crazy ever since she stepped foot inside the bar. The place was playing electronic dance music at the moment, with a sweaty crowd gathered around the dance floor. They managed to get a small table on the second floor near the balcony. Once Jisoo was out of earshot to replenish their drinks, Lisa leaned forward to Rosé and mumbled. "I think your girlfriend hates me."

Rosé laughed hoarsely. Her best friend was slightly drunk, Lisa could tell. "Maybe because you're dating her best friend."

"What?" Lisa's eyes widened. "Wait, she knew about Jennie and me?"

Then as if perfect timing, Jisoo returned with a couple of drinks. "So, Lisa...."

Lisa glanced at the shorter girl in fear of what she might say. "You and Jennie..."

"Did you tell her?" Lisa immediately turned to Rosé. Rosé quickly shook her head as her hand grabbed a shot of drink.

"I didn't need telling, Lis, Jennie is my best friend," Jisoo said as she offered Lisa a shot of Whiskey. Lisa took the shot and it immediately warmed her throat. She was not a Whiskey kind of girl but if she needed Jennie's best friend's blessing, then she might have to do anything to please Jisoo.

When Jisoo shoved another shot unto her way, Lisa immediately swigged the contents into her mouth.

Shit, I think I'm getting drunk tonight, Lisa thought.

"So...," Jisoo girl began, eyeing Lisa like a vulture. "Are you serious with Jennie?"

The thai licked her lips nervously. "Is this an interrogation?"

"Why? Do you feel interrogated?"

Rosé chuckled as she went to drink, enjoying herself as she watched the two have a heated conversation.

"I.. I love her, Jisoo-" Shit, did Lisa just say that out loud? Maybe, the alcohol was not helping her at all. Rosé and Jisoo were both bewildered by the bold answer.