Chapter Nineteen

---
Christmas day, morning
Lee Homestead

It was finally Christmas day at the Homestead. Everyone was gathered around the fireplace in the morning, exchanging gifts with each other. The old couple had given the three youngsters handmade Christmas sweaters. Chahee had bought them liquors since they're all old enough to drink. Jennie gave them each a dedicated gift. Lisa received a cat pen with her complete name engraved from the shorter brunette.

For signing her books for her fans, Jennie softly said. The Thai smiled. She'd never thought someone would care enough for her like this. Lisa had admitted she hadn't received any gifts for a couple of years now. And this overwhelmed her in a good way.

The thai had also come prepared. Lisa had managed to buy last minute gifts to Chahee and the Kwons before the long drive to Busan. She also remembered bringing Jennie's gift that she was supposed to give to her on her last birthday.

"Aww, how sweet of you, Hotstuff," Chahee said, wrapping her neck with the scarf Lisa had given. The thai's eyes averted to the shorter brunette sitting on the couch as the latter stared at the mug the former gave. Jennie grew so silent, Lisa wondered if she hated the gift.

Moments after, as the old couple went to prepare for lunch, Lisa decided to go outside the house and looked at the cleared snow building up on the driveway. That must have been a lot of work.

"Do you want to go see around the place?" Jennie suddenly asked behind her. Lisa was now used to the brunette suddenly appearing.

"You mean you'll give me tour?" Lisa asked, now looking at the brunette.

Jennie smirked and nodded, as she tightened her coat around her. The thai noticed Jennie had at least four layers of clothes around her body.

"This is free-of-charge, right?"

Jennie laughed. "C'mon, there's a whole amazing world back there."

When they reached the barnyard, something moved inside the barn, startling the thai. "You have a horse?"

"Yep, his name is Pikachu," Jennie said as their boots scrunched up against the snow. "There used to be three of them but Uncle Jiyong sold the other two to the local market when Aunt Dara got ill one day. Have you ridden a horse before?"

Lisa quickly shook her head. "There are not that many horses in the city, you know that right?"

Jennie chuckled as she patted the chest of Pikachu and the horse nodded towards her way. Then she mounted the horse like a professional, like she had done this for the millionth time.

"Come on." Jennie offered her hand as Lisa only stared at her, the look of hesitation on the thai's face.

"Let's not wait for the grass to grow," Jennie joked. Lisa laughed as she shook herself.

The thai struggled to climb on the horse. Once settled, Lisa felt like the horse was going to kick her at some point. Then Jennie's hand suddenly went to grab her own and placed it around the brunette's waist. God, it felt amazing to touch her again, Lisa thought.

"Hold tight," Jennie said. The thai did so, feeling the warmth from Jennie's back pressed against her.

The horse galloped forward. Lisa had never felt the rush of cold air against her face. She finally calmed down.

After a moment, they arrived at a wide terrain just a couple of distance away from the homestead. There were snow covered crops in the middle and an abandoned old treehouse on the corner. They climbed off the horse and went to look around.