Zelda

I cried as Link disappeared in front of me. Something told me that it would be a while until I saw him again. I could feel Midna's gaze as I tried to piece myself back together. I took a deep breath and stood up. A few minutes later, Midna and I resumed our walk to the Palace of Twilight. "Midna, I don't think you ever told me why we are headed to the palace." "Oh, my apologies. I think that I have the tools to help you get home but they're in the palace." I let a few seconds of silence pass then I turned to look at Midna. "Thank you for helping me. I appreciate it a lot." Midna just nodded.

A few hours passed and we finally arrived at the Palace of Twilight. I stopped and looked up at it in awe. It was very similar to Hyrule Castle except for its darker color palette. "Are you coming or are you just gonna look at it?" "No, I'm coming." I ran after her as she went inside.

The inside of the palace was dark. The only light came from the dimly lit chandeliers above. "Stay close. Sometimes I find monsters lurking around here." I continued to follow her through the confusing twists and turns in the hallway. Eventually, we finally arrived in the sanctum. Broken pieces of stone were on the ground. They looked like they could possibly form a circle if they were put together. "Watch out." I turned to see Midna using some sort of magical ability to put the pieces of stone back together. Once they were all put together, a strange white symbol began to reveal itself onto the now large, circular stone. It created a bright light that intensified as the seconds went by. Eventually, it became so bright that I couldn't see my own hands in front of me. I started to panic as everything slowly began to go dark.