ii: BYE BYE WILL

🗒 ❛ y / n ༉‧₊˚✧

BEV AND I arrived at mike's and beverly almost crashed her bike, but who cares?

"y/n/n!" will hollers, running up and hugging me. we always had a brother and sister bond. i can't live without him.

"hey, willy," i say, returning the hug as beverly winks at me. "he's like my brother idiot," i tell her after will runs down to the basement.

she nods, "so how to you play d&d?"

"she doesn't know?" mike groans, hitting the setup he had, causing it to tumble down.

"mike!" lucas exclaims, picking up everything and hurrying to put it back together as he winks at beverly.

"yea man what the hell?" dustin says as will, beverly, and i watch the other three bicker.

"okay, it's setup," will says, annoyed by the screaming. it was funny at first but it just got annoying.

"yeah, let's play!" beverly shouts excitedly.

after about two hours, the game was finally halfway through.

"something is coming, something hungry for blood," mike says eerily, pausing for anticipation as the rest of us listen intently. it truly surprised me how much beverly was into this. and how quick it took her to learn. "a shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness. it is almost here."

"what is it?" will and i ask in unison, and high-fiving while still looking at mike.

suddenly all eyes are on dustin when he says, "what if it's the demogorgon? oh jesus, were so screwed if it's the demogorgan!"

"it's not the demogorgan!" lucas huffs.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike bellows, causing us all to sigh in relief that it wasn't the demogorgan.

"troglodytes?" dustin asks, he was sure it was the demogorgan.

"told you!" lucas boasts, smirking.

"wait a minute, did you hear that? that-that sound? boom... boom... boom!" mike yells dramatically, making us all jump and will holds my arm out of reflex. "that didn't come from the troglodytes. no, that-that came from something else..." he trails off, looking down before snapping his head up and screaming out, "the demogorgan!"

"we're in deep shit," bev mutters as i nod in agreement.

"will, your action!" mike yells at the boy.

"i-i don't know?" he looks at me for help.

"fireball that son of a bitch!" i say as he nods with a smile.

"yea fireball him!" lucas agrees.

"no, cast protection!" dustin interferes, tearing will in two different directions.

"don't be a pussy! fireball him!" lucas screams as will looks at me.

"do what you want, will," i tell him as he nods.

"fireball!" he screams, rolling the dice as it slides off the table.

"oh shit, where did it go?" beverly asks, getting out of her chair and looking as we all do the same.

that's when mike's mom opened the basement door. "guys, time to go home!"

"mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" mike yells back at her.

"you mean the end? fifteen after!" hold up, fifteen minutes after curfew? it's been ten hours?!

"how was i supposed to know it would take ten hours?" mike screams, running upstairs as the rest of us look for will's missing dice roll.

"where is it?" lucas calls out to no one in particular.

"i don't know!" will responds, his voice cracking as he frantically looks around for the dice.

"did anyone find one yet?" i ask, earning a chorus of 'no's.

"why do we have to go?" will mutters, sadly.

"because it's a school night, willy," i say, walking over to him as he smiles sadly and nods.

"oh, i got it!" will exclaims happily as we huddle around him. "does the seven count?"

"did mike see it?"

"no," will responds to lucas.

"then it doesn't count," lucas says, grabbing his things and running up the stairs, only pausing when dustin calls out,

"hey does anyone want this last slice of pizza?"

"um, hell yes!" beverly says, grabbing it and practically shoving the entire thing into her mouth.

"what if i wanted it?" i ask jokingly as we walk outside.

"then it sucks to be you!"

"bye mike!" lucas and dustin exclaim, riding off.

"hey! wait up!" i exclaim as beverly and i pick up our bikes and ride after them.

"you know, i had a friend back in derry," beverly starts.

"obviously, who else would you hang out with?" lucas says, as beverly rolls her eyes.

"you didn't let me finish idiot. he would never throw his bike on the ground," she says, causing us to laugh.

"he was a perfectionist! he always mounted his bike!"

"who?" will says, catching up to us.

"beverly's friend."

"well, i'm headed home. bye guys! and beverly," he says the last part with a wink.

"yea, kiss your mom night for me!" dustin exclaims as lucas flips him off.

"you only had one friend?" i ask my cousin, finding it hard to believe.

"no, i had six," she said sadly. "one of them looked kinda like mike. and another one was named mike."

"race to my house?" dustin changes the subject, seeing how sad the previous one made bev.

"first one there gets a comic!"

"any comic?" will and i ask together, stopping and fist-bumping.

"yep!" dustin exclaims as will and i share a look. i knew that he really wanted the new x-men comic dustin had.

"woah, dustin! there's a spider on your hat!" i exclaim as dustin freaks out yelling a chorus of 'where? where? get it off!'

will then takes off, riding really fast. "hey! hey i didn't say go! y/n/n," dustin groans, realizing what i did as bev and i laugh before taking off behind will.

"i'm gonna kill you! all of you!" he yells, attempting to match our speed, but will had already passed his house yelling, "i'll take you x-men 134!"

"dammit," dustin mutters. "well, goodnight ladies," he tips his hat at us as we say a goodnight back before turning and riding back to our house.

little did we know that if we stayed a few seconds longer, we could've saved will.