vi: DIFFERENT MIKE

🗒 y / n ‧₊˚

"WE JUST TELL our parents we have A.V club after school. that'll give us at least a few hours for operation mirkwood,"

"you seriously think that the weirdo knows where will is?" lucas asks as i roll my eyes.

"seriously lucas?" bev asks.

i pop a few 'crybaby's into my mouth as mike speaks.

"just trust me on this, okay?"

"okay," lucas agrees

"did you get the supplies?" mike asks no one in particular.

"yeah, binoculars," he starts, beginning to list off everything as bev and i roll our eyes in annoyance, go into our own conversation.

"y'know, my mike was a lot less annoying and rude," bev tells me, raising her voice when saying 'you'.

"how about you back to him then? if he's so great!" mike exclaims, slamming his hand onto the table.

"if you love all your friends so much, just go back to them!"

"i would if i could, and i would bring y/n with me!" she snaps back as lucas and dustin shake their heads and let out a chorus of 'no's.

"good!" mike retaliates as my eyes water.

"that's it," beverly says, taking my arm as we go home.

-

"bev! y/n/n! you're home," my mom exclaims happily as we walk through the door.

"yea," bev grouches, clearly unhappy with mike.

"what's wrong bevvy boo?" my mom asks as bev laughs at the nickname.

"mike was being a complete asshole to y/n/n and i. he said i should go back home and bring y/n with me."

"oh, that doesn't sound like the mike i know," my mom pouts slightly, putting her hands on her hips.

"well a roast is in the oven and i baked brownies. so let's get our minds off stupid boys."

"are there 'nerds' in the brownies?" i ask, hopeful, as they give me weird looks.

"kidding! kidding!"