xiv: BLACK OUT

↳˳;; ❝ y/n ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

MY EYES SLOWLY peeled open. i was in a place i didn't recognize. i felt like i had slept for days.

"she's awake!" i hear beverly shout. i look her way to see her sweaty, along with everyone else.

"what happened?" i ask, my voice raspy and my lips dry.

"that thing really effected you y/n/n," bev pushes back my hair and unties me.

"w-what?"

"you were out cold for a whole day y/n."

a whole day? but i feel so much better. did i need to sleep it off?

"we had to burn it out of you. both of you," i look to will to see him already looking at me. he threw himself on me, hugging me tightly.

"thank you for staying," i tell beverly, still trapped in will's embrace. not that i was complaining, i had my best friend back.

"why would i leave you? you're practically my sister."

-ONE MONTH LATER-

AT THE BYERS' house, i was teaching will to dance as jonathon videoed.

"do you have to video everything?" will whines, hiding his face in my shoulder.

i giggled,

"thank you joyce for driving me and bev."

"of course sweetie," joyce comes in the living room.

"you two are always welcome," she says happily as she ruffles bev's hair.

bev ran to the mirror as joyce covered her mouth and laughed.

"sorry, i forgot!"

"it's fine, you made it better actually."

"okay, let's go!" jonathon grabs his keys as we all ran outside to his car.

-

"YOU GONNA DANCE with max?" will teases me, nudging me with his elbow.

"you gonna dance with mike?" i retort with the same energy as will goes beet red.

"no," will giggles.

"max," i hear, whipping my head around to see lucas approaching max.

i could hear will's sympathetic thoughts screaming in my head.

"hey-um, it's nice, right? you want to-you want to-like-you know? like, just you and me?"

i was thankful for my abilities in that moment, being able to turn my head away before max looked in my direction. i heard her thoughts in her head, and they weren't that upset that i didn't care.

ouch.

"are you trying to ask me to dance, stalker?" max flirts with lucas, making him flustered.

"no! of course not. unless, you want you?"

max then grabs lucas' hand and drags him to the dance floor.

i watched longingly as they danced together, missing my sister's presence until she and mike walked right in front of the couple i was looking at before.

i was happy for el. but everyone was getting a happy ending besides the people i care about the most.

"well, that hurt," will said, looking down and sniffling.

"damn, double homicide," beverly commented, slinging an arm over my shoulder as will and i laughed.

"eh, guys suck. girls too," beverly says.

"how about we eat food and forget about them."

will's face lights up as bev and i giggle.

maybe i didn't get max. but at least i still have beverly and will. and who knows, maybe the losers' will like me too.

ranny speaks-

yes i was lazy. yes i made y/n be in an insignificant coma so i could skip an episode. we exist.