iii: THE MALL RATS

🗓:: y/n ┊͙

Y/N WOKE UP to the smell of pancakes. knowing without a doubt that stanley had prepared her and beverly breakfast.

the two were staying at stan's for the summer.

"ahh, sleeping beauty's awake," stanley teases, setting the plate of breakfast on the coffee table in front of the sofa y/n was sleeping on.

she usually sleeps in stan's room, but the three had a movie night last night.

she stared at the plate, zoning out as she thought of what her friends back home were doing.

she'd never been away from will for this long.

something was pulling at her heart. screaming at her, saying her friends were in trouble. but she repeatedly brushed it off. blaming it on homesickness.

"y'know it's better if you eat it," beverly tells her cousin, snapping the girl out of her daze.

"yeah, right. right."

-

IN HAWKINS, EL was pacing on her front porch. distressed and aggravated that mike wasn't there yet.

huffing, she stormed into the house. she ignored hopper's questions and called the wheeler's house phone.

karen answered with a sweet voice,

"hello, this is the wheeler's."

eleven spoke indistinctly, karen immediately switching the line yo mike's basement.

"hello?"

"it's 9:32, where are you?" el asks mike angrily as she walked into her room.

"sorry, i-i was just about to call. i-i can't see you today."

eleven's features hardened. she was pissed.

"why not?"

"it's my nana, she's very sick."

"but hop said your nana was okay. that it was a false alarm."

"yeah, b-but she got worse!"

"worse?" el's voice and features softened, she felt bad for judging him now.

"yeah, we think she might... die."

"die? did grandma call?" el heard karen's voice shriek through the phone.

"g-et off-phone-om! how-any-ms?" el heard mike's voice, but cpouldn't make out the muffled words.

"was that your mom?"

"yeah, sorry about that.she's so upset, she's making no sense! because we have to go to the nursing home to see nana."

"but you can come after?"

"no!-i-i mean, i think i just need to be alone today. with my.. feelings?" mike said, cringing at his own words.

"do you lie?"

"w-what? no! friends don't lie! what's that? oh, coming mom! sorry, my mom's calling me. gotta go!"

and just like that, the line cut.

ranny speaks-

i'm so unmotivated so i'm reallllly sorry for the shit chapter.<3