i: MADMAX

↳˳;; ❝ y/n ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

"LUCAS, Y/N, YOU COPY? i've got four quarters, how about you?"

"take your puny hall, and multiply it by five," lucas answers dustin as i scoff and roll my eyes.

"how about you take both of yours, add them, and multiply by two?" i tell them as i hear gasps and bev and i laugh. truly, that sum was bev and i's amount put together. but they didn't need to know that.

"fifty-eight?" dustin asks, his voice cracking.

"how the hell did you get fifty-eight?"

"cause your mom had fun last night," i joke as bev rolls her eyes playfully.

"go ahead richard," she warns. recently, my humor had changed. along with my style, height, and voice. anytime i make a dirty joke, bev says it reminds her of richie.

"dammit, y/n/n!" dustin curses as lucas laughs at my joke.

"gotta go!" i rush out, sliding the antenna down as bev and i burst into laughter.

"next thing i know, you're wearing hawaiian shirts."

-

BEV HAD ALREADY gone inside the arcade, not wanting lucas to be mad at her. as if that'll ever happen. they've kind of been in this relationship since new years. yep, you guessed it. lucas kissed her when it was midnight. but the only person i've really hung out with, besides bev of course, is willy. we have a lot in common. including things changing in us.

not like that you perv.

like, emotional things. i've found my crush on mike drifting so far away, i can't even remember a time i did like him. it's like the thought of it, maybe, grosses me out?

or i'm just overreacting and that's how a crush goes away. you get disgusted by the thought of being with a boy for a while.

and willy, well, he's the same. except, it's girls that don't attract him. i told him he may not be straight.

he had a panic attack.

he thought he wasn't normal and i told him otherwise. because you love who you want to love.

"okay," i heard joyce's voice say in my head. i looked to see a few yards away from me sat the byers' car. 

"so, i'll pick you up in two hours. that's 9:00 on the dot, okay?" joyce asked willy for reassurance. ever since that whole upside down mess, joyce became really overprotective over willy. you couldn't blame her, it's just, some rules were too far.

"yeah," willy nods with a smile, going to open the door for his mom to block him.

i walked towards the vehicle, hearing their conversation clearer.

"if anything happens, if you need to come home, just ask them to use their phone and call home. okay? don't ride home without y/n-"

"i know," willy cuts her off, his head snapping to look at me when hearing my laugh.

"what's up willy? joyce?"

"just going over the rules," joyce pats willy's back, smiling.

"great! ready?" i ask him, opening his car door as he sighs.

"yep."

when we enter the arcade, we were greeted with a strong smell of cheese puffs and dustin's rage-filled yelling.