iii: THINKING AND RUNNING INTO TREES

↳˳;; ❝ y/n ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗:

TURNS OUT MAX was right, she did defeat me. but i did get higher than dustin, which he might get mad at me for.

"wow, marsh. you're pretty good," max fist-bumps me as i blush.

"i dabble," i joke as we start laughing.

"crap," she mutters under her breath, looking out the arcade window.

there was a blur car. the driver was a blonde, curly-headed guy that looked steve's age.

"my-my brother's here, i have to go!" she rushes out, hugging me and running out the door.

she hugged me.

it's like any physical contact we have throws me off. it causes my face to go hot and my heart to flutter.

bev's right, i like max.

-

RECENTLY, WHEN I pass hopper's cabin, i hear el's voice in my head. no one else knows about the chief's secret home besides me, i accidentally read his mind once while bev and i were getting groceries. i immediately stopped, not wanting to invade his privacy. but i had a gut feeling i shouldn't have. if i hear el's voice and the cheif buys a ton of eggos, he must know where she is.

my thoughts were occupying me so much, i didn't realize i was about to run into a tree.

"crap!" i whisper-shout, stopping my bike just in time.

"dumbass," i curse myself, turning around and going towards my house. which i had passed.

"hey," bev greets me, pausing the tv to look at me.

"you look like you saw a ghost."

"i almost ran into a tree so," i toss my bag down, grabbing my plate for dinner and heating it.

"oh?" bev asks, hinting at me to explain as she unpaused her show.

"well, i was thinking about something that's all," i shrug, grabbing my food and sitting down.

"max?" bev teases, wiggling her brows.

"no. not always."

ranny speaks-
this is just a filler chapter but more is coming soon i promise !