7- Growing Attachments

We finished our breakfasts quietly, and Isla returned to clear the table.

"Let me know if you need anything to kill your time. You can watch movies or play video games if you like. I've got a good collection. If there's anything you need, I'm just a call away." He said this as we walked up the stairs.

"Thank you."

He smiled. "You can ask the chef to cook anything you want to eat. Everything is available. If not, they'll go to the store and buy it. There are beers in the guest bedroom's fridge downstairs. Ask Isla to show it to you. Help yourself with as many as you want, but please don't get wasted." He then chuckled.

A chuckle escaped my lips too. We'd made it to our rooms. He was staying in the room across from mine.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you a house tour; this was an impromptu meeting that I could have avoided if the deal hadn't been so important. I can give you a tour in the evening, or you can ask Isla."

"That's okay. Don't worry about it." I said.

He pressed his hand against my cheek. "Can I come see you before I leave?" He asked innocently.

I looked at his godly face and felt so guilty for hurting him. "Of course," I said.

He smiled and went into his room. I went into my room and lied in bed. I decided not to think about what happened. Everything was so complicated. My feelings, his feelings—I was only going to drive myself insane. I hoped that today and tomorrow would pass quickly so that I could board a plane and fly away. I wanted to get away from my feelings for him. I wanted to escape my feelings for him. I wanted to escape the strong urge to kiss him. I wanted to leave before another disagreement arose between us and he used me as a hostage.

Perhaps it was impossible for him to keep me forever. He was, after all, married. How is he going to keep me hidden from his wife for so long? Maybe he really was bluffing. He wanted me to be afraid of him.

But you never know with such people. He may keep me somewhere remote, where no one can ever find me. He'll take away my phone. He might even try to harm Abhishek if he opened his mouth. Maybe he was capable of doing what he said.

It was clear that Sabil had two sides. One that was really loving. If I stayed on that side, he wouldn't treat me badly and would let me go back home. Second, the furious, raging animal that could harm me. That could keep me hidden from the rest of the world, and he might even force me to sleep with him someday.

I had to be on his good side. The one that would let me go home. Once I'm gone, my feelings for him will be gone too. I'll be back to my normal life and will be able to totally forget about Sabil. I'll change my number. Insist that Abhishek never give any of my details to Sabil. It was difficult to stay hidden from him, but not impossible.

Though I had decided I wasn't going to think about him, I couldn't help but dive into his thoughts. That made me feel dizzy.

I rose from the bed and walked inside the bathroom-ran the faucet on the sink, and splashed the cold water against my face. That didn't work. I was still dizzy. I wiped my face with my towel and stepped out of the bathroom. Maybe I should watch a movie on Netflix.

As I went near the TV to pick up the remote, there was a knock on the door. I walked toward the door and unlocked it. Sabil was standing outside the door in a light blue shirt and black trousers. A black blazer hung on his arm. His golden hair was neatly gelled and combed into a side part. He looked.....well, beyond description.

I must admit, the man had style.

He smiled at me. "I'm leaving for work."

His crooked smile melted my heart. I felt a smile creep onto my own face too. "You look good." I complimented.

I saw his cheeks blush. "Thank you." He said.

"Well, come in."

"I'm running late. Make sure you eat your lunch on time. Call me if anything is urgent. Apart from Isla, there is another staff named Diego. He will bring you whatever you want from outside. I have given him money, so don't worry. I will be back soon." There was a slight glumness in his voice. It sounded as if he didn't want to leave.

I nodded. "Thank you."

He cupped my cheek and planted a kiss on my forehead. "Hasta Luego." He said in his thick accent.

I creased my brows.

He chuckled and said, "I mean, I'll see you later."

I smiled and nodded. "Bye."

He walked away, and I did not feel any relief this time. In fact, I felt my heart ache. I wished him to stay.