37- Vengeance

I went to my office because some urgent documents needed my attention. Mr Pérez had already taken care of the Americans and convinced them to sign the deal with us. I had to go to the office to sign on those contract papers.

Mr Pérez sat opposite to me in my cabin while I was signing the papers.

"I heard you killed Jorge". He said.

"Yes," I replied without looking at him.

"What you're going to do the next is very dangerous Mr Moreno. You are like a family to me. That's why I'm requesting you to think about this mission again."

I looked at him and sighed. "I can't aboard the mission Mr Pérez. Roberto won't miss a chance to attack. Besides, he'd want to meet Jorge who is already dead. I have to kill him before he finds out about Jorge." I said and rose from the chair.

Mr Pérez took the papers and followed me out of the cabin.

"Did she leave?" He asked while we waited for the elevator. I looked at him and nodded glumly. I couldn't understand why everyone kept talking about her.

"You did a good thing by sending her back."

We got in the elevator and I pressed the button for the parking lot.

"No. In fact, I made a mistake by bringing her into my life. Roberto had his eyes on her. I won't be able to forgive myself."

Mr Pérez patted my shoulder softly. "Well, she's safe now. I never thought I'll see you getting so attached to a woman someday. It made me happy. She was a nice girl."

I rolled my eyes. "Why does everyone keep saying that?"

Mr Pérez laughed. The elevator's door opened and I walked towards my car where Emilio and Guzman waited.

"I won't be coming to work for at least three days. Please handle the meetings and call only if it's urgent." I told Mr Pérez and got in the car.

"Si. Take care and good luck." He gave a small smile and left.

The next day we prepared ourselves and each one of us kept two combat knives with us. Julio was feeling fine and he wanted to join us too. He wouldn't listen when I told him it was risky and his wound wasn't completely healed. But it's not easy to convince Julio. He enjoyed a good fight.

Octavio joined too. Today was the day when Roberto was returning from Milan. We got in our cars and left for the place where he was going to sign a deal.

My eyes were darted out from the Cafeteria's window on the 06th floor of the office premises. Everyone was in the position with guns in their hands. Roberto was going to arrive in this office for signing the deal.

Guzman & I were keeping an eye out the window and Emilio was near the entrance door with Julio. After about ten minutes we witnessed five black cars approaching. I raised my hand indicating everyone to get alert. Four bouncers stepped down from the first car with guns and walked towards the entrance.

Everyone started getting down from their cars and one of the bouncers opened the passenger door of the second car. Finally, Roberto climbed down in a maroon suit, white shirt beneath, and a white hat. His hair as usual tied behind his neck. He wore brown sunglasses and like always he was wearing a lot of gold accessories. Two thick golden chains around his neck and golden rings. He walked towards the entrance and my heart started to race. I was putting on a show in front of my men that I was confident and ready but I was really terrified.

Roberto was the most dangerous man I'd ever seen. If this doesn't go according to the plan, he will kill everyone. I didn't want my men to die because of me. I didn't want my mother and Saanj to die. Saanj has nothing to do with all this. But Roberto won't spare anyone I love. I was sweating bullets. I felt Guzman's gaze on me. I looked on my right and Guzman was staring at me with concern in his eyes.

"What?" I exasperated by making a face.

"Lo Siento Señor. I know this isn't easy. You're worried that the plan might fail. But it won't. I have a very strong feeling that we are going to win this. You've made a brilliant plan Señor. I don't think Roberto suspects anything." He said and looked out the window again.

"I hope so," I said and turned around. "Let's get the show on the road," I said and pulled out my gun from my waistband.

Everyone started to walk towards the door. Emilio and Julio walked ahead of us. I had Guzman and Polito on either side and the rest of them walked behind us. Roberto was supposed to meet the director on the 5th floor. The employees of the company were only till the 4th floor. The 5th floor was solely for the director of the company.

That gave us a clear road to abduct Roberto. We slowly got down from the stairs with our guns held in position. All the employees were asked not to go anywhere near the 5th floor or 6th floor in the Cafeteria. As we got on the 5th floor, Roberto's two men were standing outside the closed cabin door on the right side from the stairs. Emilio and Julio had napkins with Chloroform.

The bouncers saw us. But before they could speak Emilio and Julio lurched at them and pressed the napkins on their nose. Both of them fainted in their arms. We didn't want to spill any blood in the office. So we decided to keep them unconscious instead of killing them.

Emilio and Julio slowly made the unconscious bouncers lie on the floor. I could hear Roberto's faint voice. Everyone came towards the door together with their guns pointed ahead.

I kicked the wooden door open. Roberto abruptly rose from the chair and turned to look at us. His eyes were wide with horror. His intimidating personality rose goosebumps on the back of my neck. But I still kept calm. I didn't let him see the fear in my eyes.

The person sitting in front of Roberto pulled out his gun as well and pointed at him. Roberto's hand went behind on his back, to pull out his gun as he turned to look at the person who he thought was the director of the company.

"If I were you, I'd keep my hands on the back of my head." The person said to Roberto.

Roberto looked at me again, his eyes still wide. For the first time in my life, I saw fear in his eyes and it made me smirk.

"Well, hello old friend," I said.

As expected Roberto started to chuckle. "Well done Moreno. Nice setup." He cooed.

"Thank you, Roberto. I'm glad you walked right into my trap. That man standing over there is not the director of this company. I'm sure you must have understood that now. His name is Mojo and he's my man." I informed while still smirking.

Roberto raised his hands in surrender. He kept chuckling softly. "What are you going to do now? Kill me?" He asked.

I shook my head. Then I looked at my right at Guzman and indicated him with my head. He nodded once and walked slowly towards Roberto. Polito followed and pressed his rifle against Roberto's temple.

Roberto continued staring at me. His lips were still smiling but I could see the rage in his dark eyes. Guzman gagged him by tying a thin cloth around his mouth and cuffed his hands behind him with a rope.

There was another elevator on the backside of the building which was used only by the cleaners and dispatch team for carrying the heavy materials.