23- Blood Sight

"Saanj..!!" I heard the faint muffled voice of Sabil scream my name. It felt like the voice came from far away. There was ringing in my ears.

I heard the muffled voices taking my name. I had no control over my body and was about to fall when I felt a pair of hands around my waist.

My eyes were still in Julio's direction. Everything was blurry. I thought I saw Dr Abascal but I wasn't sure.

Someone kept their palm on my eyes. I squeezed my eyes and moaned faintly. I wanted the ringing to be gone. I wanted my vision back. I hated this feeling. It was unbearable. I felt someone swing my body from the ground and another set of hands took my arms and wrapped them around someone's neck. It felt like I was moving. I realized I was carried into someone's arms.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see the stars. But through the stars, I saw Sabil's blurry handsome face. I was cradled against his chest. I shut my eyes again and relaxed my head on his collar bone.

"Señorita..!! Is she okay?" I heard the faint familiar voice. The voice was panicky.

"I don't think so. Could you make her some tea?" I heard Sabil's faint voice.

"Si Señor. Right away." I think that was Isla.

My body was softly bouncing in his arms. I assumed we were on the stairs.

I wanted to speak. I wanted to stay conscious. I couldn't bear this vertigo anymore. I somehow found my lips and tried to move them. I wanted to take only one name. "Sabi..l.." I managed to say.

"Saanj! Are you okay?" I heard him say. The voice was a little muffled but not distant.

I then felt the soft mattress against my back. I rolled onto my side and squeezed my eyes again. I moaned. The heavy feeling in my ears was slowly fading.

"Sabil," I whispered. I felt his hand caressing my hair, softly and carefully.

"Julio..." My voice was feeble.

"Dr Abascal is operating him. He's going to be fine Cariño. Please don't think about him and stress yourself." His voice was a little faint. I then felt his lips on my temple.

I heard the faint knock on the door. I felt the bed squeak and I heard the faint footsteps recede. Then the doorknob twist.

"Señorita's tea. Is she okay?" I heard Isla's faint voice.

"She'll be fine. Thank you, Isla."

"De nada."

The door closed and the footsteps ascended towards me.

"You think you can sit?" He asked gently.

I shook my head.

"Okay! I'll send back your tea. Take rest. I'll just check on Julio and get back." Sabil said and I felt his lips on my temple again.

I heard the door open and close. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the bright yellow room spin. I turned on my back and rested my arm on my eyes. I inhaled and exhaled softly, hoping that would work.

After a while, I heard the door open. I heard Sabil and Dr Abascal speaking in Spanish. Someone sat beside me in the bed and moved my arm from my eyes. I kept my hands loosely on my stomach and exhaled. I felt a cold finger lift my right eyelid and I saw Dr Abascal. His face was closer to mine and he looked in my eye with spectacles and creased brows to examine. Then he lifted another eyelid.

"Oh, she'll be fine." He said to Sabil. "Some people faint at the sight of blood. It's called Vasovagal Syncope. It's very common."

"How much time will it take for her to recover? She's flying tomorrow." Sabil asked concernedly.