15- His Dark World

"Am I forgiven?" He asked.

I shook my head but I couldn't make my lips serene. He laughed lowly and traced a finger on my cheek.

"Come here." He said by opening his arm to me. Without any protest, I got closer to him and turned my head towards the bathroom door by resting my head on his chest. Sabil grabbed a red loofa and started scrubbing my chest softly. I stayed there feeling his warm torso against my back. He then planted a soft kiss on my hair.

"Tell me what are you into?" I demanded.

"Its really very complicated Cari. Besides, I don't want you to hate me. Just know that I'm going to end this very soon and focus only on my business." He said while scrubbing my left shoulder now.

"And your business is not illegal?" I asked to be sure.

He sighed. "Saanj, I was twenty-two when I started working towards building a career in this industry. It has taken a lot of hard work and sleepless nights to achieve what I have today. I owe it to no one but myself. No one stood by me. My father had passed away only a few months before I started this business. It was really small back then. Just me and three other people who worked for me.

My mother was in depression from my father's death and she gave no attention to me. I don't blame her." He then made me sit straight and started scrubbing my back softly and continued.

"Though there is this one person I could give credit to for my success. Mr Javier Pérez. He joined me after a year and helped a lot. He's the CEO now. He'd just gotten married when he joined my company. I couldn't afford to pay him much but he still stayed and struggled with me. He has played a big role in bringing this company where it is today."

I was listening to his story carefully. It didn't sound bluff. I believed him. I then rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my chest and kissed my hair.

"I have no reason to lie to you Cariño." He said.

"Okay!" I whispered.

"Tell me one thing. Why were you pissed at that salesgirl?"

I rolled my eyes. "Are you still on that?"

He laughed lowly. "It was just surprising to see you behave that way."

"Well, she was looking at you," I said sheepishly.
Sabil laughed.

"What?" I grimaced.

"Were you jealous Cari?" He asked while still laughing.

"Shouldn't I be?" I asked and turned to look at him which made him drop his hand from my chest.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I didn't think you cared enough to feel that way."

I pouted. "Funny. Now let's go. I want to sleep." I rose from the bathtub and carefully kept my foot out on the grey bath rug.

"Saanj come on," Sabil said and I heard the water burble while I was taking a clean towel out of the shelf. I was wiping my arms when I felt his wet naked body holding me tight from behind.

"How do I explain how happy your jealousy makes me?" He whispered in my ear.

"Why does it make you happy?" I demanded.

"It shows you care."

"I don't," I said and pushed him away.

He chuckled. I patted my body dry with a towel and then wrapped the towel around my chest and stepped out of the bathroom. I took out a pair of grey shorts and a blue t-shirt from the wardrobe and wore them. Sabil came out in the same clothes that he was wearing before. I slumped against the cushion on the bed and covered my legs with the duvet. Then I took my phone from the lamp table and started scrolling through my social media.