19- Secrets

We got down on the fifth floor. The floor had west and east sides. There were many glass cabins on our left. We walked towards the east. Sabil never left my hand. His boldness made me anxious. Everyone stared at us. Me more than him. There were hundreds of employees, sitting on their desks, in front of their computers on the wide wooden floor.

"This is the audit department here," Sabil said while looking towards the employees who were seated on our right side.
"These are the cabins of VP's and CA's." He said while looking towards all the glass cabins on our left.
"The west side from the elevator has HR and Marketing department. I'll take you there later." He said.

"Cool." I murmured. We had reached towards the end of the floor. Sabil pushed the glass door open on our left as we stepped in.

A semi bald man in his fifties was sitting behind the large wooden desk. He wore a black suit and a white shirt beneath. He rose from his chair as soon as he saw us enter.

"Buenos Dias Mr Moreno." He greeted Sabil with a wide smile on his face and then he looked at me.

I automatically smiled at him.

"Buenos Dias. Meet my girlfriend, Saanj." Sabil introduced.

"Buenos Dias." I tried to keep my voice even but it came out as a whisper. My Spanish always made Sabil chuckle.

Mr Pérez walked towards me and held his hand forward, palm up. I was puzzled but I did not want to embarrass him so I placed my hand in his. He kissed my knuckles.

"So good to meet you Señorita." He said. His smile was warm and his dark eyes were gentle. Sabil was right. I liked him already. He looked very pleased to meet me.

"Nice to meet you too Mr Pérez," I said and he released my hand. I turned on my right and looked at Sabil. "He knows about me?" I asked.

Sabil looked at me and laughed lowly. "No Cariño. But Javier is a very close friend of mine. He treats everyone from my family or friends with a lot of respect."

Mr Pérez laughed and then looked at me. "You are very welcome Señorita. What can I get for you?"

"Nothing at all. Thank you, Mr Pérez." I replied with a smile.

"I was just showing her around our office," Sabil said.

"Oh, very well. I can give you a tour if you want." Mr Pérez offered to me.

I shook my head. "No please don't trouble yourself. I'm sure you have more important work to do."

"You are my boss's girlfriend. My duty towards you comes first." He said and Sabil chuckled.

"We should talk for a while and then you can give her a tour." Sabil suggested.

"Si." Mr Pérez said. We walked towards his desk and he offered Sabil to sit on his brown leather chair but Sabil refused. He sat beside me on the opposite side of Mr Pérez.

"There might be a possibility for another attack," Sabil told Mr Pérez making my head snap towards Sabil.

'Another attack?'

He didn't look at me.

"I was suspicious that something was going to happen. Our truck was stopped at the Santa Coloma border. And our men had to say that they weren't cops who stopped the truck." Mr Pérez replied in a serious tone.

Sabil closed his eyes and sighed. "What are we going to do about these bastards?"

"We have to find a way, Mr Moreno. This is getting out of hands." Mr Pérez suggested.