34- Killing

The door opened and I turned to look. Emilio entered with Jorge's mother.

Her eyes widened in horror and her hands flew to her mouth. "Mi Hijo." She whimpered.

Jorge's eyes snapped open and he looked at his mother in terror. He tried to get on his toes but couldn't balance and fell on his right arm. Polito came ahead and pulled him up by his collar. Tears started streaming down his face while looking at his mother shivering in fear.

"Mamá ." He whispered. I walked up to his mother and curled my left hand around her neck from behind and placed my gun on her temple with another hand. I looked at Jorge who looked like he'd go into shock any minute.

According to Daniel's research on Jorge, he was very close to his mother. He had killed his own father for battering his mother every day over petty things. Jorge was only twenty-three at that time. His mother had helped him bury his father's body somewhere the police can't reach and wipe out all the evidence. But the police eventually found out and arrested him. After serving in jail for three years, his mother was able to get him out on bail. Since then he was willing to do anything for her. He loved her more than he loved anyone and he wouldn't hesitate to kill even Roberto for his mother if the situation demands.

"I'm giving you one last warning Jorge. Start talking." I said in a calm tone.

Jorge's eyes were fixed on his mother. Fear was naked in his eyes. The fear that I was longing to see.

"Don't give him anything Hijo. Let him kill me."
His mother said with a trembling voice but it wasn't because she feared me.

"You won't do anything to her," Jorge said in a low voice without taking his eyes off his mother's face.

I pressed the gun harder in her temple. "Don't challenge me, or you'll see her lifeless body falling on the ground just like Alberto's."

His eyes snapped on my face and he growled.

Guzman came in front of her and shot near her feet. She whimpered and Jorge screamed a big 'No' in a shrill voice. When Guzman moved he looked at his mother's feet with wide teary eyes and then sighed in relief when he realized that the bullet was shot on the ground.

"The next bullet will go in her brain," I growled.

"Leave her Moreno. Please. This is between us." He pleaded.

I scoffed. "Really? Time and again you people have threatened me. Attacked my mother and now you realize that this is just between us?"

"I realize my mistake. Please let her go I beg you." He cried.

"This is so satisfying to watch. Start talking right now or see your mother's dead body."

"Don't tell him anything, Jorge." His mother said furiously.

Daniel pressed his gun on the back of Jorge's skull. "Say another word and I'll shoot your bastard son."

I heard his mother gasp.

Jorge looked at me. I was subconsciously rejoicing each moment of watching the fear in his eyes. "Roberto has been offered a big deal by a businessman here in Barcelona. He'll be coming back from Milan in two days to confirm the deal. It's a huge consignment. Molly is a billion-dollar in the market right now. They'll be supplying it in Ibiza and the USA shortly after the deal is signed. That's all I know. I swear."

"What are his plans for killing me?"

"He has no intention of killing you, Moreno. He adores you. He wants to make you his partner. But he will definitely kill the people you love unless you agree to join him. He was planning to kill your Indian girlfriend..." A shiver ran up and down my spine. I saw Guzman's head snap towards me. His eyes wide. "...He wanted to abduct her first and have...some..fun..." Jorge looked down in embarrassment.