8- Longing

I tried to kill my time by watching a movie on Netflix. It was hard not to think about him. I couldn't understand the movie because I was subconsciously thinking about Sabil.

Thinking about whatever happened in the morning and the way he kissed my forehead after the fight. He felt bad about lashing out at me as much as I felt bad about hurting him. I wondered if he was thinking about me right now. If he was distracted too.

After the movie got over I started watching a series. At least that will take hours to finish. I tried my best to concentrate only on the series. At around 11 AM, I got a call on the extension. Isla asked what I wanted to have for lunch. I told her I'll come to the kitchen. I paused the series and went downstairs.

I'd seen Isla coming from a room behind the dining area. That was maybe the kitchen. I walked towards the dining area and kept walking straight and then took a left. The wide white door was closed but wasn't locked. I pushed and entered inside and saw the posh interior that looked more like a hotel's kitchen. So many fancy utensils, six gas burners on the countertop, pans, ladles, and a wide fridge across the kitchen. The chef, in a grey uniform and a white apron around his body, was sitting on a table near the fridge. As he saw me, he rose from the table and greeted me with a smile. I greeted back.

"Hi, what's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Mario." He said with an accent.

"Mr Mario, I must say you make delicious food." I complimented.

He bowed his head. "Gracias señorita. What would you like to have for lunch today?"

"What is available?"

"Almost everything. If not, Diego will bring it." He said.

I nodded and opened the fridge. There were so many things inside that it was hard to check each packet. It must be impossible to keep a track of everything with the expiry dates. I could manage to pick a few packets and see. There were hams, varieties of fish, chicken nuggets, lamb steak, etc. I opened the second door and there were cartons of fresh juices, different sauces, vegetables, etc.

I heard the door open behind. I turned to look. Isla came in with a man who wore a similar uniform. The same person who had taken away my bags from the living room yesterday. I assumed he was Diego.

"Señorita he is Diego." Isla introduced.

"Buenos Tardes." Diego greeted me with a smile.

"Does that mean good afternoon?" I asked with a smile.

All three of them laughed softly.

"Sí señorita." Diego said.

"Good Afternoon then. Do you all live here?" I asked.

"Señor hired us on a contract. We are here only for four days. Then we'll go back home and go to some other place, I mean where ever our agency sends us." Isla answered.

"Oh!" I said. That explained their similar uniforms.

"Señorita, have you decided what you want to eat?" Isla asked with a smile.

"Ummm... Can you make a seafood platter for me?" I asked Mario.

"Por supuesto. I mean of course Señorita. It'll be ready in one hour." He replied.

"Okay! Thank you." I smiled. "Isla? Do you mind showing me to the guest bedroom?"

"Sure."

I smiled at Mario and Diego and left with Isla. She walked past the stairs and I followed. There were three rooms on the right side of the stairs. The guest bedroom was towards the very left, almost behind the stairs. We went in and I noticed this room was kind of smaller. It had Italian Marble too, a wooden wardrobe which was smaller than the one in my room, and large windows. I slid the beige drapes open and saw a large swimming pool outside.