27- Friends

I went downstairs without waiting for Sabil and saw Diego.

"Diego, where's Julio?" I asked.

"In the guest bedroom Señorita." He said.

I stalked towards the guest bedroom and pushed the door open. Julio was lying in the bed and was looking at the window. An empty breakfast plate was laid on the side table. As he saw me he tried to sit. There was a gauze tied around his wound on his bicep.

"No please don't," I said and walked hurriedly towards him. "Lie down please," I told him.

"It's okay Señorita." He said while pushing his upper body on the backrest of the bed.
I sat near his foot.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked while looking at his bandage.

"Much better Señorita. It will take some time to recover but I'll be alright." He replied with a smile.

I smiled back. "You'll need to rest for that. Don't try to jump back to your duty as soon as you feel like you're healing."

He nodded. "Si Señorita."

I rolled my eyes. "I have a name."

He chuckled. "Señor will kill me."

"No, he won't. He has no right to. I want you all to call me by my name and he has no say in it. And anyway, I'm leaving today. So he'll never know." I winked.

He continued chuckling. "Si. Anyway, how are you feeling? I saw you faint yesterday."

"Yeah, I cant see blood. In fact, I faint even when I prick my own finger."

"What?" His eyes widened and he tried not to laugh by pressing his lips. But a laugh escaped my lips and then he joined in.

"I've never heard such a thing." He said.

"Oh, I know. I'm way too weak around blood.
Even talking about it makes me nauseous."

"We'll change the topic then." He suggested.

"Tell me about your family," I asked by tilting my head a little.

"Well, my parents are back in Frigiliana. I have three younger siblings. My twin brothers go to college and I have a sister who is married in Madrid." He said.

"Wow. Twin brothers haa?"

"Yeah. Gustavo and Gael. They both study the arts." I saw pride in his eyes.

"That's lovely. What about your sister?"

"She is a teacher. Her name is Adonica. She fell in love with another school teacher and they got married five years ago."

"Do you go to meet her?"

"Not much. I try to avoid actually. Because these nemeses know us all. They can follow me and harm my family. I mean that's what they are good at. Killing family members for vengeance."

I nodded. "Yeah, Sabil was telling me about it last night. He also told me that you saved his mother's life. You are so brave, Julio."

He smiled. "Gracias. But that was my duty."

"Whatever it is. You put someone else's life before yours. Even though you have a family, you stand by your duty and your oath. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that. I really respect you, Julio." I said.

"It means a lot coming from someone who has hardly known me. Thank you so much Señorita."

"Again?" I scowled.

He laughed. "Anyway would you mind telling me about you and your family?" He asked.

"Sure but only if you call me Saanj." I flicked one brow.

He nodded while chuckling. "Si-Si. Saanj."

I held my hand forward. "Friends?" I asked while beaming.

He shook hands with me. "Friends." He accepted with a smile.

"Well, I'm a model. I was here for a shoot when your boss kidnapped me." Julio burst into a peal of laughter. I laughed too.

When our laughter died down I continued. "So yeah.. I've been modelling for a while and I live with my older brother who is a mechanical engineer and my mother who is a housewife. My father passed away when I was thirteen."

"I had no idea about your family history." Came a voice that startled me. I looked behind at Sabil standing in a black shirt and black denim, his hands shoved in his pockets and was flashing his captivating smile.

I shrugged my shoulders. "You never asked."

He walked inside and gestured at Julio with one hand, so as not to get up and shoved his hand back in his pocket. He walked towards the other side of the bed and sat near Julio's foot.

"My apologies. I was too consumed by your beauty. Never thought of asking you about your family." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I murmured.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sabil asked Julio.

"Si Señor. Much better."

"Dr Abascal is really good. Isn't he?"

"He really is. Not my first time getting treated by him." Julio said with a grin.

"Have you been shot before?" I asked in astonishment.

"No-no. I was really sick once and his medicines worked like magic. I was able to walk just in one day." Julio replied.

"Oh."

"Anyway, you take rest," Sabil told Julio. "Saanj, breakfast is ready." He said to me and rose from the bed.

"Okay. I'll come to see you before I leave." I told Julio with a smile.

"Vale." He replied.
We left the room and sat for breakfast. Mario had made Chicken Cream Cheese Croissant. After breakfast, with a heavy heart, I went to the kitchen to say goodbye to Mario.

I hugged him. I felt him tense for a moment and then he patted my back softly. I looked at him and said "I'm really going to miss your food, Mario. You are really the best cook I've ever met. But I won't tell that to my mom."

Mario laughed. "You will be missed Señorita. You are the best boss I've ever worked for."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not the boss, Sabil is. Anyway, Mario, take care of yourself okay?"

"You too Señorita." I hugged him again and left.

Then I met Isla near the main door in the living room. I hugged her too. I saw Diego entering the house and I hugged him as well. I was so overwhelmed, that I did not care for Sabil's eyes following me everywhere I went, hugging the staff. I went up to the room and Sabil followed.

"What was that about?" He asked in bewilderment.

"They've been really nice in these four days. They've done a great job and I'm really going to miss them all. Especially Mario's cooking." I said and took off my shirt. I had my travelling clothes ready on the bed.

"That's really kind of you." He said with a smile while sitting on the bed.

I gave him a small smile and changed into a comfortable loose tortilla brown shirt and black boyfriend jeans. Since I was going back to Mumbai, and Mumbai is always humid, I chose to wear loose clothes.