Norton "I'm Here..." 🌹

Listen to this song while reading... hurts so much more... [Time skip to 1:11 for the most emotional part and KEY INSPIRATION for this story]

Yes this is a sad story

(y/n) = your name

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

[In an alternate universe where everyone managed to overthrow the host's power and escape the manor and flee back to the real world and began dating and throwing your past experiences behind you]

(y/n)'s pov:

But today... today is different...

Norton... he is no longer with me... I'm on my own now...

You stared at the photo of him smiling,

the coffin,

the flames,

the ceremonial flames...

It burned, it burned...

You couldn't take it anymore, you ran to the most favourite spot you and Norton embraced together before... the couch still has a faint scent of him... the cup he touched but didn't wash, the biscuits he brought you, the scarf he gave you... it lingers his presence, making him feel like he is still with you...

but the truth is...

he's not...

You fell down onto the floor, your heart crumbled and shattered painfully, tears stream down your face, creating a puddle on the floor... you slowly stood up, threw a jacket over your shoulders and rushed to the tram station... the place... where you shared your first kiss...

with Norton...

that day... was freezing

But inside the freezing snow,

we had each other within a certain warmth...

taking deep and heavy breaths...

One day... one day...

Norton confessed to you about his past...

he admitted he was depressed...

and never wanted to hurt you...

"But.. we--- we can overcome the boundaries of fate! Like how we did in the manor! We managed to overcome our captors!"

"No... it's not like that... the ghosts... I can hear them louder and louder lately..."

You recalled that your eyes widened...

"I don't have much time left (y/n), I did a test before... the sodium cyanide... that was used in the mines... it damaged my insides... and the ghosts... I can faintly see them now... I'm sorry (y/n)..."

"But--- we still have so much left to do--- I... I still want to know more about you---"

"(y/n)... just... relax... I knew I wouldn't be able to live too long... after all I'm the one who got my friends killed..."

"No... NO! That was a mistake! You've changed! Why... why is this fate so sickening---"

"(y/n)... when the time comes... " Norton whispered quietly and placed a shushing finger on your lips, "I would like to be cremated, in order to pay for my sins... leaving the same way..."

At the time, I wanted to tell you I love you...

but I didn't, I couldn't...

With the words stuck...

stuck in my throat...

Before I know it, the snow already turned to rain...

you're gone... you're gone...

And I know we won't meet again...

Before I could do so much more with you, you swiftly departed without anything else left to say except a note that says:

"I'm sorry (y/n)... this is where we part ways... I love you forever and always... perhaps one day we'll meet again without realising... "

The note also had words like "Thank you for everything up till now,"

Holding the note tightly,

"Please... please don't leave me... don't say something like that..."

but deep down... I knew...

he was already gone...

Surely you won't be able to return...

how can I ever tell my feelings to you?

If only this was a dream...

if only if only...

Even if we meet again in a dream...

it wouldn't be real... would it?

I'll be waking up to a reality without you and my sadness just starts all over again...

Surely I won't be able to reach you...

just like this...

you will drift further and further away from me...

I'm here...

I'm here...

I'm right here...

waiting...

Staring out at the window... the rain begins to clear away...

{Are you in a better place now Norton?}

Are you seeing it too? I wonder...