Naib "I'm always with you" 🌹

(y/n) = your name
[alternate universe where (y/n) and Naib didn't go to the manor and went to military school together]

(1 year after the incident)

Vera: "Oi, (Y/N)... have you heard the legend of eversleeping town? The intersection bishounen?"

(Y/N): "I heard it before, Vera... you know I don't believe in superstitious things---"

Vera: "Give it a try! Even though... you know you can never recover from the incident... the intersection bishounen can still give you advice! He can help! Maybe he can help you from your situation..."

(Y/N): "I'm... sorry Vera... but... no... he--- he's gone already... even if he gave me advice... nothing can change the past... "

(3 years before the incident)

Naib: "Hehe, I see you shaking at the military mock practice today---"

(Y/N): "No... I didn't, it just threw me deep into thought... in reality the wars won't be this easy... danger will come from all 8 directions... how can you be so calm if you know that these practices are nothing compared to the real thing?!"

Naib: "pfff, if anything happens, I will stay with you and protect you (Y/N)!"

(Time skips to one year later on (Y/N)'s birthday)

(Y/N): "Oh my, time flies by so quickly, we almost have to go to the real battlefield ourselves..."

Naib: "Look what I bought for you! Your best friend is so good at making perfumes, I bought one of them for you, I never seen you put on perfume, so I figured out that you don't have any!"

(Y/N): "pff, why would I ever need to use that?"

Naib: Huh? You don't want your present? I'm taking it to my mom then---

(Y/N): "Hahahahaha, if that's the case... I'll keep this lovely gift then!"

(Half a year later)

Naib: "(Y/N)... (y/n)... "

*Naib grabs your hand and drags you to a corner...*

Naib: Remember the training? Don't forget them! Use it when you are in danger! It's... it's about to be one of those big wars... I... I can't always watch you (Y/N)..."

(Y/N): "Quit the shaking, I can see you're trembling Naibbbuuuuu..."

Naib: "No... not even a bit! I-I'm scared that you mess up and maybe drag me down with ya in the future---"

(Y/N): "Pff, are you kidding me? I graduated from the military school with the top 1 scholarship and ranking!"

Naib: "I know I know, but I think you can get nervous easily."

(Y/N): "Enough about that... about the war... why are my missions given as a group... and yours have private instructions from the headquarters..."

Naib: "See... this is what I mean, do you think I will tell you that? It's classified, you sound like you flunked the loyalty and keeping classified information session in school..."

(Y/N): "I never even forced you to say it... I... I just think it's odd... because... I'm number 1 in our school, this classified mission should have been mine... why would they send you? You were always the second..."

Naib: "Ahaha, they sent me probably because I'm too handsome!"

(Y/N): "Bleh... why even is this logic Naib? You're such a crackhead..."

(1 month after Naib is sent for the mission and everyone including yourself returned from the war. You looked around the camp for Naib but you couldn't find him, so you ran to the headquarter office and asked for answers...)