Eli Clark "The Curse of Ai" 🌹

Ai means sorrow in japanese and love in chinese.

Short oneshot 500 words.

Last few oneshots i can do before a 2 week test.

(y/n) = your name

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd person pov:

A lovely... doll... handmade and created by hand... was brought to life by a lonely shopkeeper.

Realistic eyes, hair, mouth, nose... every single detail is made with passion and care...

Without the owner realising, the doll came to life only at nights and the doll watches over her lovely creator...

But he was always alone... always...

He created her...

to spare his extra time and free his boredom...

In daytime, he would talk to the lifeless doll and polish and dust it off.

His soft hum and gentle touches are so alluring...

But... he almost never smiles...

Because of a stupid birthmark...

a curse... of ai...

(y/n)'s pov:

Embroidered onto his back and neck is a hideous third eye mark,

once marked by a priest that he would never be able to fall in love.

Well... it's his love for making things that brought me to life...

This curse...

is horribly damaging my master every... single... day...

Spreading pain, loneliness, agony and sickness through his body...

Corrupting his head and mind, destroying his health and happiness...

There must be something I can do, to help and save this poor soul...

3rd person pov:

The doll walks over to her sleeping master, seeing him even struggle in his sleep, she places her hand on his marks and began to absorb the curse with her magic.

Every night, she would drain small amounts...

After each night, Eli's condition would improve but (y/n)'s would worsen.

Small amounts soon accumulated to vast amounts...

The marks slowly began fading and appearing on (y/n)'s body...

The wooden doll calmly absorbs the very last bits of the curse on the 5th day...

Pain struck her, she fell to her knees, culping her mouth to not make a sound that would disturb her creator's peaceful slumber...

She tries to gasp for air, but everything seem to blur, the air thickened for her and she collapsed.

Eli woke up in the morning, feeling refreshed and happy.

But a human sized doll laid on the floor...

No...

It is breathing...

She is breathing...

but dying at the same time...

Eli rushed over to his lovely creation, not knowing how the doll was being brought to life...

When he went to find out what is wrong with the doll, he noticed his marks on her and looked for his own... they weren't there... when he touched the marks, the showed every night for 5 days... (y/n) was absorbing the marks and upholding the painful curse...

Memories of (y/n) screaming in pain and vain were seen...

"What would you... my lovely doll, go that extreme for me?" Eli whispered...

The lonely shopkeeper realises that (y/n) is no longer a doll anymore...

but a human created from his love...

He finally accepted his fate, begging the gods one last time...

He absorbs the curse... every last bit of it, all at once...

Eli crouched down painfully, it felt like his insides are being ripped... knowing he wouldn't be able to withstand the curse.

"I should have died a while ago... " Eli whispers as joyful tears froze at the corners of his eye.

Then, he vanished... leaving a feather and a blindfold with the curse mark flutter down in

the place where he vanished from existence...

The young women fluttered her eyes open,

not knowing where she is...

"(y/n)... is... my name..."

Seeing a feather and the mask, her eyes widened...

"W-Why am I crying? Why... do I feel such emptiness?"