Genesis: Part 2

Bear's paws thundered over the ground. I kept my shield up, deflecting the beams from the Roaming Eyes while Selene shot them down. Mom rode beside me on Lion, our beasts roaring and slashing  oncoming enemies.

At the valley's edge Sugilite rampaged, smashing  the monolithic barriers to her delight (I had to keep restating that no, she couldn't destroy the Genesis unless she wanted the entire island vaporized from the reactive Power Cores inside.)

They were not alone in the fight either, Lapis and Peridot also joined the fray.

"Selene is that it?" I saw a prismatic shape rise from the earth. It was half the size as the temple, shaped like a dodecahedron with reflective shimmering sides and tendrils burrowing into the ground like some alien tree.

More like a parasite.

"Yes." Selene confirmed. "That's the cause of this chaos, the source of it all." 

"It's huuuuggee!" Calcedony gaped from Skyla's back. "We gotta take down  that thing!?"

"Yes." Selene answered, sitting behind me. "The machine is actually smaller on the inside than out, its main control room contains five Power Cores. First we must power down the system, damage the mainframe and remove the Cores from their stations. I'll take care of the former two, Nora and you can do the rest."

"You know how to work this thing?" Mom asked surprised. Selene held a hand to her throat. "A Remnant Gem I knew...." She coughed. "Was the supervisor of their creation, I observed as she controlled them."

I took my free arm and squeezed her hand. "If this Kindergarten is established, all life on the island will die. It wouldn't stop here either, no doubt Tanzanite set other sites across Earth for colonization, intent on completing what my grandmother refused to finish."

The Genesis was more imposing up front, looming ominously over the shadow of the island valley. Selene and I couldn't activate the panel opening the door. Luckily Bear's claws proved sharp enough to slice an opening through the metal.

"What was that!?" I heard the ground shake. Bursting from the earth came thirteen Defense  mechanoids, bearing their swords and gleaming menacingly. Lion snarled and Bear reared up and roared. "We've got you!" Lapis reassured, flaring her wings with Peridot on her shoulders. "Taste my powers you metal menaces!" Peridot clenched her fists, crumpling their chests like soda cans and infuriating them further.

I flexed my hand, trapping their legs in pink barriers, closing my fists. "Nora stop!" I glared at my Mom in rage. Mom gently touched my hand. "Save your energy for taking down the Genesis." She smirked, leaving me stunned. I released the barriers, allowing the mechanoids to approach us with gleaming blades.

"Look out!" Selene pulled me out of the way where Ammolite landed in a heroic pose. "Oh my." She gasped, her upper Pearl arms to her face. "This is barely an even match. Looks like I'll have to bring out the big guns!" She grew her lower arms (Aunt Bismuth's part) larger than her body. "Please tell me you're gonna smash those things to pieces." I marveled.

"Not exactly Nora." Her mega arms shaped into hammers. "Ya might wanna cover your ears. "I covered my ears as close as I could get. Ammolite struck her hammers together and sent out a shockwave that completely exploded the mechanoids into a million pieces. "Oh my stars that was the coolest thing ever!" Chalcedony squealed. "I think I'm gonna poof!"

"Don't we need you!" I snapped, gritting my teeth when twenty more Mechanoids stepped in their place. "We'll handle this." Mom unsheathed her sword. "You and your friends goand shut this thing down. Good luck!" I hopped down from Bear with Selene, racing into the entrance. Not before giving a confident wink at Dad, who perched on Lion's back giving me a worried smile.