Beast of the Forbidden Garden

*edited 2/23/21*

I watched the line at Citywalk Fries from across the street. It spanned down the boardwalk, giving me some hopeful relief I wouldn't have to go and wait. "It's a long line." I said. "He might not not even be serving them by the time it's my turn, his dad's working there too."

"Aw come on." Kimchi nudged me. "Don't wimp out on me now. Look! See him, he's right there."

"Then why don't you go wait on line. You're crushing on him too!"

"Girl you're Steven Universe's daughter, you have a better chance."

"Better chance at what? That doesn't mean anything, I don't even live here."

"So? You have a pink bear that can teleport."

"But you live here, and he's in your school. Besides, my grandma said I should lay off the fats. There's a lot of cholesterol in them fries." 

"You're not going for the fries." Kimchi grinned, pushing me across the street towards Citywalk Fries. "Hey cut it out!"

"Come on, you got it. Just do it."

I turned around and pushed her. "No you do it!"

"No you!"

"No you!"

"You had a crush on him first Kimchi!"

We pushed at each other throughout the line, with Bear lumbering beside us( I commanded him to stay else he would've robbed the whole store for fries.)

"Hi ladies, what can I get for you today?" Asked the teenage boy with the rich blond hair and rippling muscles beneath his white t-shirt. We both stared at him wide eyed

Dear stars he's hot!!

"Hi Liam." I smiled awkwardly. "I uh was hoping too order um..." Bear stuck his entire head through the window sniffing at the fries simmering in the fryer, smacking his lips trying to get the orders on the counter.

"Oh my gosh!" Liam scrambled back.

"Bear no!" I pulled his head out of the window. "I'm so sorry, he's harmless! He just loves food!"

"It's cool." Liam Fryman laughed. "I didn't know you had a bear."

"Yeah, he's my new pet. I brought him back from the dead with my Diamond powers. I have a lion too, now all I need is a tiger." I blushed wanting to hit my head against a wall. What the hell was that!? Stupid !! Stupid!!

"Liam!" His father, Peedee, yelled from the back of the kitchen. "Quit the idle chit chat and ask them what they want! We're very busy today!"

"All right Dad I was just talking to Nora!" Liam shrugged.

 "Wait, Nora's here?" His dad appeared at the window. "Nora, it's so nice to see you, and Kimchi too! How's everything with your family?" 

"It's all good." Kimchi said. 

"Same." I followed. Mr. Fryman asked what we wanted. "Two regular fry bits for us." Kimchi answered. "An a jumbo tray for my furry friend please." I rubbed Bear's head. Mr. Fryman barked at his son to get cracking with the orders.

"Here you go." Liam got the orders out a few minuets later. "I added some extra fries for both of you." He winked. "Have a nice day, I'll see you around."

We sat on a bench in the residential area, chowing down on our fry bits. "He was totally winking at you." Kimchi said, munching on her snacks. "He was winking at both of us." I said. "But he gave us extra fry bits because of you. Don't pretend you don't know that."