Girls Day Out in Beach City

It occurred to Skyla and I that Selene truly hadn't experienced planet Earth. Well technically she did, having been to the Amazon, the Andes, Scotland, the Southwest, and wherever the heck the Secret Armory was, but she hadn't been in Era 3 Earth society before. Where Gems of all types and humans of all walks of life  mingled together in peace.

"Selene has never seen what it's like for Gems living on modern day Earth yet." I said to Skyla as we sat by the beach. " I mean she got a sense of it when we were in the Amazon and Scotland, but she hasn't  seen the full picture yet.

Skyla agreed full heartedly. "It's crazy, I'm an End Era Gem and I've lived this way longer than she has. We should take her out in the city. Show her what life in Era 3 truly is like."

"Yes. Fully with you on that. We can show her the Boardwalk and the Amusement park and all the cool stuff I've wanted to show her ever since she unbubbled a month ago."

"Sounds perfect." Skyla clapped. "I think she would really love that."

When we discussed the idea with Selene, she was all on board. "I would be delighted Nora. I've been wanting to see Beach City for awhile, but honestly I'll be happy spending time with you." That made me happier than expected. "Awesome! Can I take them tomorrow?"

"Of course Nora." Aunt Garnet said. "That's so sweet of you. It will be wonderful." Aunt Pearl smiled. "You'll have a fun time." Aunt Bismuth said. Amethyst grinned with a thumbs up. Later before I went bed to my cousin sat with me before Selene came in. "You're gonna have such a fun time. So what are you planning to do?"

"I dunno, I'm gonna make it up as I go along, as long as we hit these points." I showed her my notebook scribbled with the must sees and do's for showing a new Gem Beach City. " "Ahh I don't think you need all that, like Selene said before, she'll just be happy being with you." She grinned smugly and nudged my shoulder.

"Oh stop it! Selene likes good company is all."

"Yeah, your company." She poked my blushing cheeks. "Aww my baby cousin has a crush."

"Shh!!" I covered her mouth when Selene came in to say goodnight. "What are you two doing?" She cocked her head with a smile. "Annoying my cousin because she was annoying me." Selene chuckled. "Very well then. I'll see you tomorrow."
....

I woke up to Selene sitting at the foot of my bed. "Gaah hello! What are you doing there!?"  She winced, sensing I was startled. "I was waiting for you to wake up." Selene answered quietly. "Was I not supposed to do that?"

"Eh not really, it comes off as creepy when you're staring at me from the edge of the bed."

"Sorry." She murmured.

"It's okay." I got out of bed. "Are you ready for today?"

She nodded excited. "I packed your dragonscale backpack for you so you don't have to worry."

"Oh thank you! But I don't need it when we're just going into town, I have an  over-the-shoulder bag. I still appreciate it though." Selene helped move everything into the black leather bag with a star patched on.

At eleven, I walked out onto the patio with my bag slung on my shoulder. "I'll see you guys later." I told to my Gem Aunts, who all cheered goodbye and told me to have fun. "Make sure to text me along the way to keep me updated on where you are!" Aunt Pearl called as I walked down to the beach to meet Skyla.  "I will Aunt Pearl!" I called up to her.

"And let me know when you're coming home!"

"Okay!"

"Be careful, there's a lot of people out today keep your bag in front of you and zipped up."