She liked me?

Aru's POV

I could hear him and see him, but he couldn't see me. I stood still so I didn't accidentally step on something. I'm a clumsy person and I'm very well known for it. 

"I swear I just saw Aru," Aiden mumbled.

"Nope, just an illusion," my dad said. 

"Was it Ava?" Aiden asked.

"Who the heck is Ava?"

"My ex-girlfriend who just happens to look exactly like Aru."

Dad raised his eyebrow. "You dated someone who looks like my daughter? Seriously? I know I'm mean and all, but that's like the meanest thing a man could do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aiden asked. 

"She used to like you. I don't know if she does now, but she did. And it was an easy thing to see."

"Wha- no. She liked me?"

I giggled but quickly covered my mouth.

I walked over to Aiden carefully and touched Vajra. He couldn't tell what made the lightning bolt jump but my dad knew that I was just trying to connect back to my old life. I started to cry so I ran behind an old building.

It was tiring being invisible. I was invisible to everyone without powers, why do I need them now?

I ended up falling through a random portal. I thought it was my dad's.

I landed on the ground next to Brynne, Mini, and Kara. I looked at my wrist quickly and the moon was still bigger.

"Aru! Come on let's go before the Sleeper gets us," Brynne said. Everyone started running, but I sat where I had landed moments before. "Let's go! Or I will do this the hard way, Shah," Brynne threatened.

I sat still and stared at them. "Why are you all so against him? Kara, he is your dad! You helped raise you and take you from a bad family," I said.

"That's the thing, I don't know if it was all that bad. All my memories were erased from before I met him. And you always told me that he was the bad guy. What's gotten into you?" Kara asked walking towards me.

"He's actually being nice for once! I can see him being the dad that I've always wanted. Just let me be before I hurt one of you."

"Aru, do you not hear yourself? You just said for once he was being nice! He has tried to kill all of us multiple times or hurt us multiple times!" Mini yelled.

We all looked at her. Rarely ever does Mini raise her voice.

"I didn't mean to raise my voice, sorry."

"I'm not coming with you. End of story," I said standing up.

"Fine then. We're doing this the hard way," Brynne said cracking her neck.

She summoned GoGo and went to hit me in the head.

A yellow shield appeared in front of me. I looked over at Kara.

"We want her to come with us at her own will. I draw the line at hurting her."

"It's not hurting her as much as knocking her out."

I touched the shield and it crumpled. I stared at the broken yellow shield on the ground and everyone looked at me. 

"It's got to be because she doesn't have her powers anymore. It set off some weird unbalance," Mini said.

They all huddled together and talked quietly.

I took my chance while Brynne, Mini, and Kara were talking to escape.