Sorry, Aiden.

Aru's POV

I looked at my dad.

The Potatoes and my dad were about 10 yards away from each other. 

"You liar!" I yelled at him. My voice bounced off of the buildings surrounding us. 

He punched my jaw. I rubbed the side of my face then ran towards him and hit him.

I don't think this is a normal father-daughter relationship.

I felt my wrist go weak from pain.

"What's happening?" I asked him looking at my tattoos. My sun had shrunk down to the size of a pea and the moon was as big as a quarter.

"The darkness is taking over. You now take orders from me, darling. I did make you basically evil anyway."

"I don't take orders from everyone," I screamed from the pain.

"Then tell me why you are going to go attack your friends." I shook my head in disbelief. "Attack the Potatoes."

I suddenly started to send a giant black vine to attack my friends. I stopped it before it wrapped around any of my friends. I struggled to hold back.

"Shah, how did you get him to stop the vine?" Rudy asked.

Wow, that dude can be very dumb at times.

Kara and Brynne stared at me in astonishment and I used all my strength to fight back the voice in my head. 

Kill them. They don't care about you. After all, they did show up to kill your own dad.

It wasn't my voice, but my father's.  

"She didn't stop the Sleeper, Rudy. She stopped herself," Kara spoke just above a mumble. She was obviously confused. "She is like our dad." 

"Get Vajra back, Arundhati. Get back your weapon," my dad said. 

Between fighting his voice in my head and his voice in real life, I couldn't take it. I couldn't hold back the vine anymore, and it started wrapping around each of my sisters and Rudy. It left Aiden alone completely. 

My father snapped his fingers and I popped up next to Aiden.

Take back Vajra at any cost.

"No!" I screamed. Aiden had no idea what was going on but he just stared at me with disbelief.  "I'm sorry Aiden, but can I have Vajra back? Please?" 

My wrist ached and I clutched it with my other hand. 

"No way. Not when your evil like your father."

"Aiden. It isn't like that. Please, just give me Vajra."

"Give me one good reason."

Call to the lightning bolt. Then bring it to me so I can kill them all.

Only then I remembered Vajra comes to hand when called. It's worth a shot. 

"Vajra, come here," I said just above a whisper. 

The lightning bolt appeared in my hand as a ping-pong and I could feel its electricity faintly pulsing throughout it. 

"Good child. Now bring it to me," my dad said out loud. 

I turned to give it to the Sleeper but I dropped the ball and walked away. 

"Arundhati! Get your weapon back, right now."