In the dome

Aru's POV

Boo has been around and pecking at the Sleeper for about 30 minutes. It's been long enough to keep him distracted so everyone can try to break us out. I've been chilling out and so has Aiden while everyone outside was doing some hard work.

Aiden and I laid down in the dome and just stared. We could hear Brynne shouting at everyone to hit the dome harder and Boo squawking. 

"So," Aiden broke the silence between us.

"How is Atlanta?" I asked. "Since I'm not allowed back and all."

"Shah, I was just mad."

I rolled my eyes. 

Perfect excuse, Aiden. 

"So you kick me out of your life?!" I practically yelled.

He turned his head to look at me. His hair was messed up from the ground and my hair probably looked as messy as ever. Butterflies filled my stomach when I looked into his dark eyes. I quickly looked away. 

I took down my buns and just let my hair freely flow. I ran a hand through my hair and Aiden just stared at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No. Just looking."

I nodded and sat up. 

Boo had pooped on my dad and everyone was laughing about it, except Aiden and me. There is nothing funny about being trapped in a dome. I guess it was kind of funny, but I still didn't laugh.

Aiden poked the dome with Vajra, which did absolutely nothing except cause a faint ripple. It was like me trying to poke a pillow. What was going to happen other than it has a small indent?

"What was that supposed to do?" I asked sarcastically.

"I have no idea," he replied.

We sat in silence for a few more minutes and watched Brynne and Kara fight dad with Boo. 

"Kara is interesting," Aiden commented.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"She's very pretty and kind too."

My brain started to get jumbled with words, and I just stared off into space. "Aru? Aru!" Aiden said, snapping his fingers in front of my face. 

"What?"

"Do you think Kara likes me?"

"I don't know! Just because I'm her sister doesn't mean I know everything about her and every crush she may or may not have!" I yelled. I got up and started to walk around the dome. "Open up already!"

I rested my forehead against the dome when another memo popped into my head. "Attack Aiden right now!"

I wrapped a vine around him loosely and sat down next to him. 

"Why do you randomly do these things, Aru?"

"A voice just pops in my head and I most of the time can't control what happens after."

He smiled sweetly. He understood and was nice about it. 

"Back to Kara. Can I just list off what I like about her?" he asked.