Promises

3rd Person POV

"Yeah, my daughter's name is Dixie. She is either in your grade or the grade above. Do you know her?" Tucker asked. 

Aru's jaw dropped. Dixie as in, the Dixie who liked Aiden? That Dixie?!

"I just met her today," Aru fake smiled. "She seems so n-n-n- yeah, no, I can't call her nice at the moment." Tucker looked at Krithika. 

"Why are you home so early, Beta?" Krithika asked her daughter. 

"I don't feel so well, mom," Aru lied. 

Tucker kissed Dr. K. P. Shah on the cheek and smiled. "I'm going to leave now so you and Aru can talk about whatever. It was nice meeting you, Aru."

"The pleasure was not mine," Aru mumbled. 

"Arundhati Shah!" her mom glared. 

"Sorry. I'm happy that my mom has met someone that she likes!" 

Tucker walked to the door that was still open and looked outside. "Did you know that there is a passed-out girl in the road?" 

Aru's gaze dropped to the ground, and Krithika's head snapped in her daughter's direction. "No, I didn't. I'll get the girls inside."

"How did you know that there was more than one?" Tucker asked. 

Aru knew that if she didn't butt in, her mom would somehow get caught up in a giant lie. "Kara is my sister and she's outside."

"Oh, Kara! I would love to meet her!"

"Some other time, Tucker; I promise," Krithika promised. "Bye!" 

Tucker left, and Krithika glared at Aru. "Which sister did you hurt?"

"Who said it was me?!"

"The guilty look of yours gave it away. Which one?!"

"Brynne," Aru said proudly. 

"How on earth did you manage to hurt Brynne? She's the reincarnation of Bhima and the daughter of Vayu. That's the wind and strength, Beta."

"I'm not going to take offense to that. But it was because Vajra can be very powerful when it wants to be," Aru said, crossing her arms. 

"Undo it right now, Aru."

"I don't know how to!"

"Aru, you can bring back power to an electrical box without yourself getting electrocuted, and you can wave Vajra over any damage it caused, and it will fix it. Wave it over Brynne, and maybe it will wake her up," Kritika suggested. 

"What if I don't want to?"

"You will try, or you are grounded, and Vajra will only be able to be used in the Otherworld!"

Aru looked stunned. "Are you serious?" she asked. 

"As serious as I will ever be." 

Aru stood perfectly still for a minute until her mom took a step toward her. "Ok, ok, I'm going!" Aru sulked outside and walked to her three sisters. Her arm, which was once resting at her side, rose over Brynne, and Vajra shot out of Aru's sleeve in spear form. Aru took a deep breath and waved it over Brynne. 

It was the first time that Aru had ever electrocuted another Pandava other than herself. Any side effects would be prolonged but wouldn't be as serious. 

Brynne didn't wake up, and Aru rolled her eyes. "Dramatic Brynne as always."

"Aru, try something else. I don't know how to cure Brynne for a magical lightning bolt shock," Mini pleaded.