Smile

AN: Hey y'all! So I just realized Roads And Maps got 1,300 reads and In Through The Dark got 2,200! That is so amazing and I couldn't be happier. I love reading your comments and seeing that people like the stuff that I write. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the views. But thank you so much! 

Aru's POV

Brynne made pancakes for breakfast. There were 5 different kinds, blueberry, strawberry, mixed berry, chocolate chip, and apple. Of course, that didn't fill up Brynne so she made home fries, toast, omelets, and hard-boiled eggs. She kept getting distracted and looking at Hira, the water boiled and there was a mini fire with the homefries. 

"Brynne, why don't we just go to McDonald's?" I asked after the second fire. 

"Muck-do-nah-luh-ds," Kara tried. I looked at her and shook my head. 

"That place is a disgrace to food," she snarked.

"I liked it!" Kara smiled. 

"You ate everything but the burger," I said. 

 "I still have no idea what a burger is," Kara said. 

"It was the brown meaty thing."

"There is no meat in those burgers!" Brynne shouted.

Aiden walked in with Shadowfax and smiled. "Hi."

I looked at him and blushed. "Hi." 

"I thought today maybe we could do group photos before school starts in a week. Hanuman wanted some," Aiden said. 

I looked at the group. We all looked somewhat presentable. I looked at what I was wearing and immediately shook my head. "You may need to give us some time to get ready."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll get the twins, Mini, and Rudy over here." He left, and everyone stared at me.

"Some time?!" Kara yelled. "Aru, we are basically still in our pajamas! Also, where's the closest MacDoughnulds?" She ran up to my room, and Hira shrunk down into her chair.

"I don't like my picture taken."

Brynne hugged Hira as she took the last piece of toast. "Neither do I, but Aiden isn't going to give up."

I smiled and walked up to my room. I saw Kara in a navy blue jumper, and she had sunglasses on her head. She looked amazing. She and I have completely different tastes in clothing, but that's ok.

"Yo, can you get out so I can get dressed?" I asked. 

She looked up at me as she brushed her hair. "Sure. Can I borrow a hair tie?" She rummaged through my drawers until she found one. "Thanks." She put her short, pink-striped hair into french braids, then she left.

"I didn't say you could, but ok." I looked through my closet for an outfit, but couldn't find anything. I eventually just chose a Coca-Cola shirt and jeans. I looked at my hair that was in its regular braid. I took it out and thought about just leaving it down. 

"Aru Shah put your hair up in some way. I cannot have you shedding hair all over the place!" My mom said, poking her head into my room. She left as soon as I glared at her. I chose to put it up in a crown braid and left it like that.