sixteen

I sleep through the alarm I have set for Sundays. Skipping a morning won't kill me. Plus, it's not like I could get up anyway. Somehow through the night we shifted to where Michael's head rested on my shoulder. Soft snores leave his lips. I scratch head, massaging it with my fingers.

     Michael's lips form into a smile, letting me know he's awake. He waits a moment before sitting up on my bed. He stretches out his limbs, a yawn escaping his mouth as he does so.

     "Good morning," Michael says, now rubbing his eyes.

     "Good morning, sleepy head," I smile at him.

     Michael's bed head makes his lovely features standout. I didn't notice before how green his eyes are. The blonde in his hair making the color stand out more. The tint of his lips creating a rosy pink that I already know feels soft. The sunlight that's peaking through my window creates a glow on his skin, he looks like an angel. A soft, sleepy angel.

     "How did you sleep, darling?" He asks me, caressing the skin on my thigh.

    "Better than normal actually," I giggle at the fact. I wasn't trying to come off as cheesy, I was just being honest.

    "Thanks to me obviously," Michael teases me, "Kidding. I'm glad you slept better."

    I roll my eyes at him, looking away to avoid showing my smile. "How did you sleep?" I ask him.

    "Could've been better if someone wasn't a blanket hog," His eyes look down at the bed. My side clearly holding the majority of the comforter.

   "Ah, so that's why you were all cuddled up to me then?" I tease although it isn't that bad of a thing that he cuddled with me.

    "Maybe. I get cold easy," He explains, "If there's a next time I'll just bring my own blanket." 

     My phone buzzes from the nightstand. I grab it, reading the message that's displayed on my screen. Lukes coming with breakfast. It's the cinnamon rolls that his mom made, which apparently also happen to be the best kind in the world.

     I look up from my phone to see Michael on his own. He's smiling down at the screen, a hint of confusion in his expression.

     "Whatcha looking at?" I ask, my curiosity itching in my brain.

     "This girl from class just texted me. It was just random that's all," He answers yet not looking up at me.

     "Oh, well who is it?" I ask. I hope this doesn't come off as nosy.

     "Billie. Here, I'll show you," He says, facing the screen towards me.

 Here, I'll show you," He says, facing the screen towards me

I stare at the photo, trying to see if I recognize her. I don't think I've ever held a conversation with her. I'm pretty sure she's on our girls soccer team though. I've seen her sound with those girls.