06 | thoughts and turbulence

I can't get it out of my head. Today was simply magical. After Camille went home tonight, I took around five minutes to soak in what just occurred. I got the courage to ask out my crush, she said yes and we went on a date. We watched an awesome movie and had a fabulous dinner. The best part about it though, was it seemed like she had a great time. Also as a bonus, she was clinging to my arm during part of the day like there was no tomorrow.  I never knew female skin can be so soft and soothing. The moment I got home that night, I took off my shoes and jump into my awaiting bed. I was kicking my legs and hugging my pillow so tight it could have suffocated. Imagine if a girl saw her celebrity crush and he winked at her during a show, then she went home. That's how I feel right now.

       That hug goodbye, like Future said, was sensational. I truly believe that time froze during that moment. It was pure bliss, so that's why people like hugs. I have been enlightened and won't go back to being ignorant. During the midst of my thoughts about Camille, I get a vibration, indicating a text. Thinking it was her, I immediately check my phone. To my disappointment, it was Taylor. What does he want?

'Okay lover boy, you gotta tell me what happened,' He texts. Sigh, of course, this was going to happen.

'Yeah, yeah I know, meet you online in fifteen minutes,' I reply back. It is our tradition to always share stories playing video games if we can't do it in person. I get out of my bed and take a shower. Afterward, grab my favorite snack and made my way to my desk. Sitting in my chair, I put on my somewhat expensive headphones and load up my and Tay's favorite game. As I wait for him to come on, my mind keeps on replaying today's events in my head. While I'm in fantasyland, I heard the chime alerting me that Taylor joined my party.

"What's up lover boy?" He asks. I don't even need to see him, to know that he's smirking right now. As much as it irritates me, I play along.

"I'm doing good, wide forehead. What about you?" I tease him about one of his insecurities.

"Hey bro, don't be mad because my forehead is beautiful."

"Bro, your forehead can be so shiny, my reflection says hi every time I see you."

"Okay sure, but don't get me started on your ugly feet. If I had a feet fetish, I would shudder every time I see them."

"All right, that's enough. We don't have to go there," I stop him because I know when he gets started, he doesn't stop.

"Yeah fine, whatever. So, I need details, like a lot," He states. "Give me all the juicy details," he says in the girliest voice he can muster. So I told him about everything while we were playing a game. He was informed about my outfit, the movie we watch, Camille's actions, and the dinner we had. I didn't tell him everything, but enough to get a vivid idea.

"Damn, sounds like you had quite the eventful day. Camille is one of the prettiest girls at school. You can flex and say that you been on a date with her," Taylor praises.

"You're saying that like I'm popular," I reply. I won't say that people don't know me, but I'm not popular either. I'm just stuck in the middle, and no not like the Disney show. Out of the entire friend group, Taylor probably is the most popular. I can admit he's good-looking and he got all the top brands clothes, and he knows all the trends. He's the social butterfly out of all of us. He changes girlfriends basically every three months. Taylor really doesn't understand the struggles of ugly guys. I mean at times he can become the boulder Patrick sleeps under (he could be that stupid), but most of the time he's academically sound to an extent. Tay really has it all in my opinion.

"Come on, you know with some hard work you could be as popular as you want," He tries to encourage me. 

"Nah bro, I don't have that in me. I'm not built like you, to be honest."

"What are you talking about Zo? We're really not that different." Probably in his eyes, but definitely in mine. We are two worlds apart. He didn't have the past I had. Taylor wouldn't understand why I said that.

"If you say so, Tay" I reply with a sigh.

"Enough of that. So, what are you going to do about Camille? He asks as we're going on a winning streak. We're playing a fighting game that we're both good at. During matches, he charges in first while I assist him in the rear. It's a formula that granted us a lot of success in the past year. The mention of her name brings a smile to my face.  She's perfect, a little too perfect for my liking.

"I don't know Taylor, I really don't know," I answer as the match ends and loads up another one.

"I have a bright idea, you could just ask her to be your girlfriend," He suggests. Girlfriend? The thought of asking her gave me anxiety out of this universe. 

"Are you out of your mind? No way I can do that." 

"Why? Is a baby Zo scared?" 

"It's not that, I-" I can't finish the sentence. 

"You what? If you're scared, I won't judge. Even though it's quite simple and easy, I understand how you would feel." He definitely would not know how I feel. Rejection is a rare sight for Taylor. The last time he got rejected was the 9th grade, and we're about to graduate high school.

"No, you won't Tay. I just don't want to mess it up you know? If things go south when I ask and she says no, then what? That's just a ruined friendship and vibe."

"I understand Zo, but you just gotta take the risk. It comes with the territory. You can't run away forever. The next thing happens, she'll be lost forever to someone else." Immediately after saying those words, I get an alert from my phone. I glance at my phone and realized it's from Camille. Totally ignoring what else Tay was saying, I check the message. 

She sent a photo and my eyes couldn't imagine it. It was her laying in bed, wearing a bonnet and a hoodie. She's winking and smiling at the camera. The message below it says, 'I had a great time today. Sweet dreams Lonzo :)'. I am shaken to my core and have the goofiest grin on my face. This girl is definitely the one I see in my dreams. I would be a fool to pass on this opportunity.

"So yeah with all that said, you get what I'm saying," Tay finish saying whatever he was talking about.

"Yeah bro, I hear you. Loud and clear."

A/N: I know I know, an update so soon since the last one. I'm trying to make this a consistent thing. What do you think about Alonzo's thoughts in this chapter?  Make sure to let me know. Please comment, vote, and share if you don't mind. With that being said, see you in the next one.

~Antor