15 | hope and happiness

For the first time in a while, I woke up with purpose. It's Saturday morning, and my date is later on in the afternoon. I spent the last part of this week plotting what to do that would make Camille happy. After hours of searching on the internet and getting unwarranted advice from my friends, I concluded.

We're going to an amusement park. Crazy, I know.

There's one close by, it's like twenty-five minutes walk. I'll be taking the bus to get there, so only ten minutes. I texted Camille the details, and she was happy with the plan. In her words, she "couldn't wait." A thrill-seeker, that one is. I, on the other hand, am not. So we'll see how this one plans out. I need to sike myself out. I don't want to play it safe anymore. I need to take things further, especially with Camille.

Since we're going to be on rides and stuff, dressing up will be a stupid thing to do. Dark skinny jeans and a white long sleeve shirt will do. After brushing my teeth, I take a long and hard look at myself in the mirror. What I see as a reflection I'm not particularly fond of. I got a haircut yesterday, so at least I look good in that area. My hair isn't curly or wavy like Tay or Leo, but it isn't despicable like Kyle. It is right in the middle. I recently shaved because my 'beard' looked weird. If I were to rank myself on a good-looking scale, it'll be a five. On a good day, six.

I arrive at the amusement park ten minutes before our meeting time, which is 2 pm. Just looking at the rollercoasters giving me anxiety. Other than the rides, it's a beautiful day. The sun is out in all of its glory with some clouds to accompany it. It's a good thing I decided to wear a white shirt because I probably would've passed out from heatstroke.

As I go over the details in my head, I feel arms wrap around my waist. Overcoming the instinct to immediately elbow the person behind me, I take a second to analyze the situation. Looking behind me, Camille is smiling from ear to ear.

"Hi stranger," she giggles.

It's only natural at this point to return her banter. "Isn't this our first time meeting? I don't think I like your arms around my waist."

Camille gasps, "I'm so sorry-" She removes her arms, "I thought that was okay." She lowers her head in... embarrassment? I can't tell if she's joking or not.

"You know that I'm joking right?"

"Of course!" she squeals. "I know you love it when I do stuff like that," she states with a wink. Damn, she caught me in 1080p.

"Well, I-" I stammer through my words. "That's not true." The smug expression on her face tells me that she knows that's cap.

I'm now realizing what she's wearing today. White-framed sunglasses, with a white top, and black denim shorts. Finishing off the look is white converse tennis. How very brave of her to wear those shoes at an amusement park. They'll be dirty in no time. I don't know which one girls do most, wear dirty white shoes or creased sneakers. Both of them send a pang of pain to my chest, as with other guys as well.

Out of nowhere, she pats my head. "I really like your haircut," she compliments me. "Wow! I'm just noticing that we're matching." Camille claps her hands in excitement. Now that she brought it up, she's not lying. We have on the same colors for our outfits. "We really look like a couple today, we didn't even plan this."

"Damn I didn't even realize that we did. That's so crazy." I'm just noticing her choice of words. We 'look like a couple' to her, and honestly, that's amazing to hear.

Maybe, today won't be so bad after all.

"I know right, it's so cute," her face radiates with happiness. Without any warning, she latches onto my left arm. During my state of shock, she takes out her phone and takes a selfie of us.