31 | drinks and distress

Camille POV

Half an hour later, we arrived at our destination. I step out of the car, and a massive house greets me. Flashbacks of the last incident hit me like a truck in an anime. Damn it. I can't believe that thought popped into my head. He's to blame for that as well.

"Sophia, what are we doing here?" I ask her, who's taking her sweet time to get out of the driver's seat. She looks at me, sighs, then closes the car door.

"It's just a get-together I was invited to, and they told me to bring a plus one. So, I knew you haven't been out in a while, and I think this would be a great time for you to step into the water again."

I glare at her.

She claps her hands and gives me her best puppy eyes. "Please, don't be mad. We can leave anytime if you don't like it, okay?" As annoyed as I am at this situation, we're already here, which would be a gas waste.

I roll my eyes, and she gets excited, already knowing what I'm going to say. "Okay, I guess we can stay. Not for long, though." She grins at me and then embraces me with a tight hug. After a few seconds, she still doesn't let go.

"Okay, okay. Don't kill me before we enter the place," She finally lets go of me, and I'm able to breathe again. We enter the house, and hip-hop music is playing. Teenage Justin Bieber blasts through the speakers, and girls are singing the lyrics perfectly. I wonder who they loved in the past like that to be so hurt. After wandering in the living room for three minutes, Soph finds the host.

"Sophia, you came!" he exclaims and hugs her. She returns the gesture warmly.

"Of course, Michael. I am a woman of my word, after all," Sophia smiles warmly. I don't know how she can lie so easily. That's the thing about her. She mixes lies with the truth with little difficulty.

I take a good look at Michael. He's tall, at least six feet, with pearly whites. I don't know how he got a tan in the middle of the fall, but he did it. His hair reminds me of that Zyzz guy who was popping off on YouTube a few years ago.

Anyway, he leads us around the first floor of the house. He has two connecting rooms: the main dance floors and guest areas. The kitchen is near the stairs that lead upstairs. I see two drunk girls pouring some clear liquid into their cups. I don't think that's water. I wish them the best of luck.

We head upstairs because that's where Michael's friends are. The second floor is more impressive than what I saw downstairs. On the left side of the hallway are doors leading to separate rooms, I'm assuming. The right side consists of a semi-living area with a small kitchen, a couch, and a huge flatscreen TV mounted on the wall.

I take it all in as Michael leads us into one of the rooms. The door opens, and everyone in the room turns to face us. It's three guys and girls. At first glance, I can tell these are the popular kids at their school. Luxury bags and clothes, with good looks as well. They are definitely well off. It seemed that things were about to get spicy before we walked in.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" One of the guys greets us.

"Hi," Sophia and I say in unison. We also wave at the same time. It's as if we planned this. One of the other guys smiles at us, which results in one of the girls glaring at him. He didn't see that, though. We haven't been here for ten minutes, and we're already making enemies.

"So, guys," Michael starts. He gestures towards us with his hand, "These are Sophia and Camille. They go to a nearby school. They're seniors, just like us." The guys nod their heads in approval. "Girls, these are my friends. The guys are Jacob, Wes, and Manny. The girls are Tiffany, Kim, and Sulia."