13 | slumber and sleepovers

"Good night lover boy, how you've been?"

I roll my eyes and let out a hefty sigh. The boys laugh at the action.

"How did you even get inside?" I ask the group collectively. It was Taylor who answered.

"Mother Price was a dear and let us in. She told us that she was going to bed because exhaustion hit her like a truck after work. We were told to guard the house and keep your company. She had no idea where you were and neither did we," He explains.

"Yeah, and before she went to her room, she got us some cold drinks and snacks," Kyle adds in, raising his cup in the process.

"God, I love that woman," Leonardo chimes. He receives a glare from me, but he just waves it off.

"I second that," Spencer responds to Leo's comment. Soon afterward, the entire crew voiced their approval of the comment. Before I lose my cool and slap someone's child to a different timeline, I take a deep breath and calm down.

"Okay," I start. "I understand how you are in my house, but why did you come here?" I ask my second question.

"Did you not hear what Taylor said?" This is Leo speaking. "Dude, you went missing in action for like most of the day. I saw you walking to homeroom this morning and that was it. Like you vanished without a trace."

"We tried texting you after school, but you didn't reply," Spencer continues the story. " And you know we didn't call, because we don't do that here." To this day, I don't know why they refuse to call people, me in particular.

"And since we had a day off tomorrow, we decided to just spend the night at your place. Mother Price already said it was okay with her so you can't run," Taylor concludes the story. I am just realizing that they all have an overnight bag. Great, just great.

"Thanks for the check-up," but you didn't have to come here. You can leave," I said expressing my gratitude and gesturing towards the door.

"Lonzo, please stop being brain dead for a second," Leo coldly replies. "I know you see us with our bags. Besides that, we're quite comfortable at the moment."

"Yeah, I can see that." I take a second to analyze the scene in front of me. Taylor and Spencer are playing NBA 2K while sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Leo is the one closest to the door sitting in a reclining chair with his feet up. Kyle is sitting by the dinner table, phone in hand, and sipping his drink. He is eating some potato chips as well. One thing about my friends, they know how to make themselves comfortable in someone else house. When I first walked into the house, Taylor paused the game and everyone's attention went to me.

Why is my mother such a good person? I was hoping to have some time to myself to enjoy today's victories. How am I supposed to do that with these goons in my house? And I know for a fact they ain't budging. I guess it is what it is.

"All right, all right I concede," I admit defeat. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"You have no other choice but to concede," Leo answers back immediately. You're acting like we're some criminals or something. We are your best buds."

"Right, we're here all the time and you never mind, except today and some other times," Spencer states.

"That means, something happened today without our knowledge," Kyle put the pieces together. I head to the kitchen to drink some water while they figure out the rest of the puzzle. I must say, for a bunch of idiots they can be smart at times. Taylor and Kyle find their way into the kitchen as I was putting up the glass I used.