Chapter 35

When we walk in through the café doors people start staring at us.  I stifle a laugh and Ivan chuckles at me. We decide on a booth because they are more comfortable. I want to be as comfortable as I can be because this sand is not even close to relaxing. We sit on opposite sides of the booth and a very familiar looking girl comes up to our table. She doesn't even look at us as she gives us menus and asks, "Hello, I am Emily, I will be your server for today, do you know what you would -," she looks up from the notebook she writes orders in and stops, "Lena? Ivan? What are you two doing here?"

She then looks at the table and notices our locked hands. Her confused look turns into a  smile and asks us, " What would you like for drinks?"

I blush and Ivan just smiles. I tell her I want a Water and Ivan gets a Mountain Dew.

"I will be right on that," she writes down and walks towards the kitchen.

"Wow. I didn't know she worked here," I say.

He nods his head and says, "I didn't know either."

Em comes back with our drinks instantly and sets them on out table. She smiles and when Ivan isn't looking she winks at me. I laugh and Ivan looks at us in confusion, "What did I miss?"

Em and I look at each other and laugh, "Nothing. We were just laughing at your hair. It looks really  handsome, " I say sarcastically.

He gives me a teasing glare and when he is about to say something Em pops in, "Okay, love birds, I know you want to flirt your way to the sky, but I need to know what you want to eat."

Ivan laughs and looks at me with a smirk. I say my order, which is an chicken sandwich  with some fries and he gets a cheeseburger and fries.

She takes our menus and hops off towards the kitchen and another table.  I take a sip of my water and when I set it down I catch Ivan staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask, feeling self conscious. The sand doesn't help. I probably look extremely bad right now. I take notice of the people around us and some are still staring, but the others are just making conversation and eating their food.

I look back at Ivan and he is still staring, "Okay, you seriously have to stop staring at me. Its- "

I get cut off by his hand wiping some sand off my cheek. I jump at the sudden movement but then look into his eyes and see his perfect ones looking back at me. I get trapped by his mesmerizing trance he has on me. We move closer, centimeters apart and I swear we are like that for ten minutes, because the next thing I know a voice interrupts us, "Okay, this is extremely cute right now but these plates are burning my hands and you guys are in the way of me setting them down..."

I get out of the trance and quickly back away. Bright red splatters on my face and I mumble an apology.

She then leaves to cater two tables away and I look at Ivan. He coughs and says, "Um.. Sorry"