Chapter 13

Derek met everyone and everyone met Derek. Then thoughts slithered into my head.

What was he doing here?

Is he staying with us?

Is Tolem with him?

All of these thoughts went through my head. Why was Derek here and if he is here then why wouldn't Tolem be with him? Wait... is he with him?

I'm so confused. I look at Sam who Is sitting on the sand. She caught me staring and shrugged. We can practically read each others minds.

I heard a phone ring. I know it wasn't mine. I looked up and saw Derek take out his phone. He looked at the caller and then answered.

"Sup?" He said.

"Yea. I'm here. "

"Wait..."

"That's a bad idea."

"I'm just saying dude... I don't think that would be the best idea."

He sighed and sais" Fine... but I think my idea would be better."

He then laughed and said, " Okay... I'll see you tonight. Bye"

He hung up. Was that Tolem? I couldn't just sit here and not ask questions.

"Why are you in Flordia?" I asked.

He looked at me and said," We have a week off so I'm here to visit my brother and acouple of friends." I nodded at his response then said cheerfully ," Is Tolem with you?".

His face fell. Why did his face just drop? He looked at the ground and scratched the back of his neck. I could tell Tolem didn't come. My cheerfulness died. Then he finnaly spoke, " Well... You see... He kindove.... Umm. " He then looked at the ground again and finished his sentence. "I asked him if he wanted to come but... he said he didn't want to" This time my face fell.

Why didn't Tolem want to come? Does he not want to see me? Sadness overlapted me. Well...

"No!! He did want to come but he said he was busy. He did want to come Lena... I promise." Derek said.

I looked at him and asked him " Why? What could he have been busy about? Tell me Derek." I said in demand.

He looked nervous and dug something out of his pocket. His phone. He dialed someone... I'm guessing tolem and handed me the phone.

"Sup dude? I'm kindove busy here... if you know what I mean."

Was he seriously ditching an opportunity to see his sister to get laid!? He can do that even if he has school. I threw the phone on the ground and yelled at Derek, "Tell your stupid ass roommate that I really appreciate him not wanting to come visit me and rather get laid." Anger rose inside me. Why would he do that?

I looked at Sam and she gave me an apologetic look. Everyone heard what happened. This is so embarrassing.Derek picked up the phone and was about to say something to me but I stopped him and said," By the way, nice seeing you again. I'll see you around. " I waved him a goodbye and sat down next to Sam.

"Lena..." He said but I cut him off.

"Goodbye Derek!" He sighed and walked away.

Sam spoke after that and said," I'm sorry Lena... I guess even your own brothers can be jerks."

I stopped her and said," I would rather have a jerk of a brother then the ass of one I have."

Everyone stared at me. I heard my phone ring and I knew who it was. I looked at the caller Id.  Tolem. I sighed and Em spoke," Here... I will handle it." I gave her my phone and she answered.