Chapter 4

IM REALLY GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE READING MY STORY!!!! U R AWESOME! !!!

hope you like it!! :D

***

Sam was getting closer, her smile still on her face.

I have been thinking about cereal too much that I forgot to think of how I'm gonna tell her.

Ok... Lena you got this! !!

"Hey!!" Sam said. She was standing right next to me.

"Umm... hey,"  I said, very hesitant.

She had a tray of food in her hands.

It was covered with a salad and fries... weird combination isn't it???

Sam loves fries. I might be able to live off of cereal but she can live off of fries, or anything potato-wise.

We walked to our table and sat down. I was across from her. Samantha and I have been friends since freshman year. She even knows about my broken family. I told her when we were sophomores.

We barley talk about it, though.

"Umm Sam??" I asked quietly.

She was busy staring at Ryan Gollen; she has had a crush on him for years and she had a perfect view of him from her seat.

"Sammm???" no response.

I waved my hands in front of her face... that normally works. She must be dreaming about their wedding.

I grabbed two of her fries and threw it at her face.

" OWW!! Who peed in your Lucky Charms this morning?!!?"

She knows the relationship I have with cereal... and Lucky Charms.

"I have been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes."

She smiled and popped a fry in her mouth." I was dreaming about our wedding... OHH!! YOU CAN BE MY MAID OF HONOR!!!"

I KNEW IT WAS THE WEDDING!! ONE POINT FOR LENA (happy dance)!!

"Yea, that's cool. I would love too but..." I was cut off by Sam shrieking!!

" YAY!!! oh my gosh. Your dress can be a baby blue... or turquoise... maybe pink?? No I don't want it to look like a pink bomb exploded cuz Im gonna have lots of pink. Wait pink and blue?? That's a weird combination."

It was my turn to cut her off...

"Sam we have to talk..." My voice was serious when I said it.  She looked confused then she urged me to go on.

I took a deep breath and said it, "My mom found a house in Florida. She bought it. I'm moving and my parents are getting a divorce." 

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see the look on her face.

"NO NO NO!!! YOU  CAN'T MOVE!!!  WHAT ABOUT GRADUATING TOGETHER!!! WHAT ABOUT BEING AT ME AND RYAN'S WEDDING!!!!!"

She yelled so loud everyone could hear it. Everyone burst into laughter. Then she realized that she yelled about the so called wedding...

She blushed and put her head down. She looked at Ryan and he was laughing too... she ran out of the cafeteria.  I got up and ran after her.

"How much longer do we have to spend together???" she asked me when I caught up.

"Sometime this week or at the end of this week."  Her face fell at my words.

"What am I gonna do without you? And now everyone is gonna make fun of me!!" she said really fast.

"It will blow off and I don't know what I'm gonna do without you either,"  I told her. We hugged and she asked me,

"Do you have a big enough suitcase I can fit in??" I laughed at her question and so did she.

"I wish," was the only thing I said.

When we walked back in the lunchroom, Ryan made this comment that made everyone laugh but us: "Look, the run-away bride came back..."

Sam took a seat and didn't bother eating her salad... just the fries.

At least I got that over with...

***

When I got home, Tolem was already home and was on the phone. I guess that Derek guy?? That was his name, right?

He hung up the phone with a smile on his face...

"So, I'm guessing you found a place to live??" I asked. His smile got bigger.  "Yupp," he said popping the "p". "You actually are becoming an adult ..." I stated.  His smile faded instantly and he mumbled "I guess..."

I had no homework today, so I sat down on the couch and watched tv.

My mom came home with a smile on her face "Get packing, we're moving to Florida!!!" I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I, being so smart, already packed all of my stuff but left out some clothes, shampoo and stuff...

Tolem said that he is moving in Derek's place tomorrow.

He also found a job at Pizza Hut that paid him enough to get the amount of cash he was supposed to give Derek per month and extra money...

My mom got excited and hugged us both.

Going to bed that night, I was thinking about Sam's wedding fiasco today at lunch. I hope they don't give her a hard time or should I say Ryan.