Chapter 33

After Freck put clothes on he met us downstairs. At first he looked mad but now he is grinning.

"That was pretty good”, He laughed.

Sam and I laughed along with him.

"I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t see anything" Sam said while blushing.

He chuckles and waves it off. "Well I guess we are even now. So... what do you want to do?"

"Well... we were kind of running away from people because Sam fell off of my shoulders while I was walking down the stairs"

He looked confused but nodded his head slowly.

"What do you want to do?"

"I don’t know. What is there to do?"

He grins and looks towards his left. Sam and I's heads turn, following his head, and finding a video game counsel with a whole bunch of games. Oh no. Sam is utterly obsessed with video games, if you want me to be more specific, Mario Cart, she loves that game. Don’t ask me why because I have no clue. I see her grin in the corner of my eye as I look through the games. When I spot the reason why Sam Is grinning I frown. Of course he would have Mario Cart. Who wouldn’t? Not Sam, for sure. She runs excitedly over to the game and puts it in without our consent.

"You’re going to regret your decision later" I say to Freck.

He looks over at me with a determined look on his face," Why? I am amazing at Mario cart. I am the champion."

I grin ear to ear and just shrug," We will see about that. Sam has been obsessed since forever. She knows things about this game that the own makers don’t know about the game"

Freck scoffs and rolls his shoulders and stretches his arms. When the flat screen lights up Sam turns around, smiling like a maniac, "Do you want to do competitions?"

Freck and I turn our heads, facing one another. He has this weird glint in his eye making me know he is determined to win this game so I say without looking at Sam, “Were in"

I can hear his grin forming before it actually covered his face and I just shook my head and laughed because I know for a fact, that Sam will find a way to beat him. I don’t know if I will be able to do so, but I know she will.

Let the games begin.

***

Sam and I first competed, I lost, of course. Now Sam and Freck are half way through their track and Freck is in the lead but by the knowing smirk on my best friends face, I know it won’t be long until the smile of victory on Frecks face will be washed off in no time. There is only two more turns left. On the last turn, Sam hits a button on her remote and hits a mystery box at the same time. She ends up getting the rocket and flees past Freck. As soon as he notices she got the rocket his face looked devastated, but Sam is jumping around dancing to nothing but victory.