Chapter 4

January 14th, 2020

"Alrighty Shania, you're braces free, look in the mirror." Janet took Shania to get her braces removed and Shania was nothing but excited. "Wow..after wearing braces for so long I forgot what I look like without them."

"Damn me too, but your teeth look good." The dentist gave Shania a new toothbrush and toothpaste before they left. "So your birthday is coming up in November and you're gonna be 18, you have any plans?"

"No not really, I do want a car though."

"Yeah no, not after that time we were in london and I trusted you with my car and tried to let you practice and you almost ran my shit into a river."

"It was a lake and the ground was slippery." Janet playfully rolled her eyes. "I'll let you drive at 19, how about that?"

"Well it's better than nothing." Back at home, Shania was upstairs doing homework when Eissa came into her room. "Uh...hi there bud." Eissa waved at her and then struggled to get on her bed. Shania helped him up there and then he handed her a kinder egg. "Oh shoot I remember these! They were bomb when I had these as a snack."

"Can you open it for me?" Shania opened it for him and handed it back to him. "You can have the round chocolates, I just like the white stuff and the chocolate." Shania and Eissa ate the chocolate and Shania even helped him put his toy together. While Eissa was playing with his toy, Shania started to finish her homework. "What you doing?"

"Homework, algebra homework."

"Wow...das a lot of numbers." Shania giggled. "Yeah I know."

"Am I going to have to do that when I get your age?"

"Yeah and lots more."

"Will you help me?"

"Of course buddy, you can ask me for help anytime." Shania sat Eissa in her lap and he watched her finish her homework. "Aye, wanna go to get ice cream before mom gets back?"

"But how are we gonna get there?"

"I'll order an Uber." Shania called and Uber and took Eissa to get ice cream. After they got their ice cream they headed home before anybody got back home. "You like your ice cream buddy?"

"Yes, can we get some tomorrow too?"

"If that's what you want, we can get ice cream everyday."

"Yay ice cream everyday!" Shania giggled and kissed Eissa's cheek. After her time with Eissa, Janet got home and took a long shower. "Mom! I need to ask you something."

"I'm right here, what's up?"

"Um, it's a relationship question for a friend." Janet sat on Shania's bed. "I'm listening."

"Okay so my friend has been in a relationship with this guy for about a year and the relationship is sorta dying and it feels like the guy is falling out of love with her and she doesn't know how to fix her relationship so what should she do?"

"Well, 9 time out of 10, there's a reason for the relationship to be dying, and a reason for him falling out of love with her. I truly think she should sit down and have a long talk with the guy and if things still don't work out, it's time for them to part ways."

"Wow..you give good advice for someone who's marriages have failed three times."

"I- did you call me in here for advice or to insult me?"

"Both." Shania started laughing and Janet popped her. "Don't play with me little girl, I'll still whoop yo ass." Shania rubbed her forehead and Janet kissed and hugged her. "Anyways, guess who's got majorette dance on Saturday at school and is the team leader of the dance?"

"Oh sweetie that's great, I'm so happy for you."

"Yeah I'm happy I got to be the leader cause I've been aiming at it for so long."

"Well you know I'll be front and center watching you kill it like always."

"Thanks mom." While Janet and Shania talked, Tupac was out doing other things. He was outside of an old abandoned warehouse that was obviously crowed. "Do as Suge said, pour the drug in his drink, take the drug card, and leave. If there's any inconveniences, we got it." Tupac looked at the warehouse one more time before going in. It was music playing, people getting high, strippers, the whole 9.

Tupac tried to not look recognizable as he pushed through the crowd. All he could think about was Janet and his kids. He was keeping them safe by doing this but it still didn't feel right. When he finally found the drug lords cupz he snuck the drug in his cup and snuck the card. Before he could get out, shots started getting fired. He stuffed the card in his pocket and ran with the crowd. The crowd was trampling people and it was starting to get hard to get out. Tupac jumped through a window and ran into the car. "Shots got fired but I got the card." Tupac threw the card at one of the men and then some stepped out the car. They started shooting at the men outside with guns. "Get Mr. Shakur back to his office, we got this." The rest of the men got out the car and Tupac was taken back to his office. Tupac sat in his office in shock. He watched the security system and watched as Janet was peacefully eating strawberries and watching TV. Tupac felt tears fall down his face. He was so scared for his family that he was shaking. "I'm doing this for us.." He hoped and prayed that Janet wouldn't have to see him in a casket too soon or he would ever see Janet in a casket and have to bury her because of something that could've been easily avoided. The drive home have Tupac major anxiety but when he got home, he calmed down a bit.

"Hey baby, sorry I'm home so late, office was extremely busy today."

"It's fine baby, are you going to the office tommorow too?"

"Home for the rest of the week until I get another call." Janet smiled and Tupac kissed her forehead. "I'm watching law and order and I got snacks."

"Lemme take a quick shower and then I'll come back down." Janet nodded and Tupac went upstairs. He checked on Shania and Eissa before he got text from an anonymous number. "Good job, I'll be seeing you in another week, be ready." Tupac sighed. Even though he felt how wrong this was, he was only doing it for his family. Meanwhile, Victoria was in L.A coming from a date. "I had the best time Ida, you're absolutely amazing."

"Me amazing? Nah babygirl, that's you. Well I gotta get back to my house, but I'll see you later right?"

"You know it." Victoria kissed Ida softly and Ida got in her cab and left. Victoria really liked Ida, little did she know what plot Ida had against her.