Chapter 18

April 11th, 2020

Shania hadn't heard or even seen Deija since their kiss and now she was even more worried. There was a small knock at the front door and when Shania opened it, Deija was standing at the door. "Hey."

"Deij! Oh my god, i was extremely worried about you!" Shania hugged Deija tightly. "I'm sorry..I didn't mean to push you away, I was just confused. I feared you'd hate me."

"Why would I hate you Nia? You're my best friend, I couldn't hate you, even if I tried. I love you too much for that to even cross my mind." Shania smiled softly. "I missed you, a lot."

"I missed you more, but babes we gotta talk about that kiss. How come you didn't tell me you were questioning your sexuality?" Shania sighed and sat on the couch. "I was scared you would hate me.."

"Girl now why would I hate you? I like girls so why would I hate you for liking them?"

"You like girls?"

"Yeah. Look Shania, I love you okay? I don't want you to think I'm gonna hate you cause I know your heart, but being in a relationship with you? I don't know..but just know I'm not saying no to it."

"I'll remember that." Deija hugged and kissed Shania's cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

"Aight enough sappy shit, where's your little brother, I brought him a teddy bear."

April 12, 2020

"Deija if you don't get off of me..." Shania was trying to take a nap but Deija was being annoying. "Girl get the fuck up! You been sleep for almost 3 hours and I'm bored."

"You bored? Take a nap, it might help." Deija sucked her teeth and continued to annoy Shania. "...You wanna go get ice cream together?"

"...Yea...."

"Then get the fuck up fatass!" Shania groaned and got up. She walked downstairs and came back upstairs with ice cream. "We got vanilla, we got strawberry, superman, sherbet, and we got strawberry shortcake bars, pick one." Deija grabbed a shortcake bar and sat on the bed. "Happy?" Deija nodded and put the rest of the ice cream up except for the vanilla.

"Okay so, update on you and Marcus?"

"Girl there is no update. I'm telling you, we're just friends."

"Okay, now when y'all get into a relationship with each other, ion wanna hear it." Shania rolled her eyes and giggled. "So you not feeling nobody? Nobody other than me..?"

"Haha, very funny Deija. Anyways how are you and Jason?"

"Same ole same ole i guess, you know how we are, I'm giving him his space and he's giving me mine, but I ain't too much worried about him like that. Anyway, let's watch a movie or sum, I'm bored."

"I don't feel like watching a movie...kinda wish my parents took me with them to go shopping but I have to watch Eissa."

"So let's sneak to the mall. Go there, quickly grab some stuff, and come back, and we'll be watching Eissa."

"But how would we get there?"

"An Uber. Grab Eissa and your best pair of shades, we're finna go shopping!" While Deija, Shania, and Eissa snuck off to the mall, Tupac was out shopping with Janet. "Janet, Eissa don't need no more damn toys."

"I know I'm just looking.."

"Just looking turns into "ouu baby! My Eissus would love this!" And then my ass has to buy it cause he would love it." Janet turned and glared at him. "I don't sound like that."

"You do, you very much do." Janet playfully rolled her eyes and continued to look through the toy isle. "Ouuu baby look at-" Before Janet could even finish, Tupac smirked. "...Can you just buy it so we can go? I'm finna go find him some pants." Tupac shook his head and chuckled. While looking through clothes, he couldn't help but see two girls and a small little boy standing next to them. They had their backs turned. When one turned around, he couldn't believe his eyes. "Shania??"

"Dad?? Oh my god dad.."

"Shania Amaru Shakur Jackson, what in the actual hell are you doing here?? Do you know paparazzi is already heavy on me and your mother as it is? Have you lost your god damn mind?"

"Dad we were bored! I wanted to go but y'all said I had to watch Eissa, and I'm watching him, plus shopping."

"Shania that's not the damn-"

"Baby I found the cutest outfit for Eissa!" Shania's eyes got wide hearing her mother's voice. "Dad please don't tell mom, please I'm begging you!"

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Cause I'm your first daughter by birth and your only daughter by birth??? Ugh! I'll do double chores for a week! Just don't tell her!" Tupac thought about it and then pulled out money and gave it to Shania. "Get what y'all need to get and I'll keep her away from y'all as much as possible, and there's extra for the Uber."

"Thank you dad!" Shania, Deija, and Eissa sped off before Janet could get back. "Look at this little sailor outfit, he'll look so cute in it."

"I bet he will. Um baby before we leave, we should kinda look at the other side of the mall, just to see what they have."

"I'm down for that baby." After Shania and Deija finished shopping, they called an Uber. "Okay Eissa is here right?"

"I'm here!"

"Okay get in the car please!" Deija and Eissa got in the Uber and loaded all their stuff in along with Shania's and made it back home before their parents. "Whew! Just saved myself from an ass whooping."

"You? Mane if my momma found out I went to the mall without an adult, she'd kick my ass."

"Well we got here before my parents and some extra cash."

"You betta give me half, i had to pay for most of our shit. But look I gotta get home aight? I'll see you tomorrow."

"Aww, can you just stay another night please?"

"I wish I could but my momma would blow fuse. I'll see you tomorrow though."

"Yeah you right." Just as they hugged, Tupac and Janet came through the door. "Oh shit our stuff..."

"Just uh...just say you bought this stuff a long time ago and say you were showing it to me and gave some to me." Deija grabbed her things and went home leaving Shania in her room to sort out the rest of her clothes. There was a soft knock at the door and Shania opened it to see Janet. "Hey momma."

"Hi sweetie. Deija left out so fast I wanted to give you both something." Janet pulled out two ring boxes that had a ring in both of them. "They're friendship rings. They gave both your names engraved in them and it has a diamond in it."

"They're so pretty ma. I'll definitely give her hers."

"Okay. Also, nice clothes." Shania turned her head towards Janet. "I know Eissa laugh, y'all ain't slick, but you were babysitting so I'll let it pass." Janet closed Shania's door and she sighed with relief as she continued to sort out her clothes.